XVIII.

"Ey lads, where's Al?" Jude obviously doesn't see much either.

"What's up?" I see Alex approaching us. He doesn't see me as I'm practically hiding behind Jude's shoulder.

"Good show, Alex." Jude admits. "I've brought you this confused munchkin. Take care of her, will you?" Alex finally notices me and his complexion softens. He tries to get to me but Jude blocks him with his back as he turns to me.

"Elena I need to go and find Bree so... Goodbye I guess? You're leaving tomorrow right?"

I only nod. "Take care, will ya? And Merry Christmas." He says and hugs me, nods at Alex and is gone.

"I haven't seen your banner." Alex smiles and gives me a peck on my left cheek.

"Oh... I forgot. Forgot to take it out." I stutter and Alex smirks. "You were great." I breathe out. Too great.

"Glad you think so. I was bloody nervous the whole day."

"But you've been coping awesome. I bet you always find the best way to battle being nervous in front of the crowd... They seemed to love you guys."

"Yeah I do but I was super nervous today." He takes both my hands into his and leans towards me. I can feel his breath tickling my ear. "Because of you." He lets go of my right hand and starts dragging me towards the rest of the boys, Andy and Jamie sitting on two giant sofas with some other lads and girls and Matt is running round the room with his drumsticks still in his hands and drumming on everything and anything he runs by. It must be the adrenalin still running through his veins after the gig.

"Alex?! Why because of me? I'm sorry!" I exclaim and Alex turns back to me, still walking.

"Don't be, El. The nervousness I get from the crowd makes me want to run away, but the way I was nervous knowing you were watching... Well it made me want to stay actually." Suddenly he looks somehow ashamed, as if he confessed something he wanted to keep hidden, and he takes his eyes off me rapidly and coughs to get his voice back on.

"Erm, lads. Look who came. By the way, El, this is Alan, Ian, Pete, Nick, Katie and Trainee, good friends of us always helping out and stuff. Are you thirsty? We have some cokes at the back."

"Uhm, yes please." Alex leaves me to grab me the drink and I sit down next to Jamie who only shares the sofa with Pete and Katie. I raise my eyes and notice Bree's brother, Nick, sitting right in front of me.

"We know each other right?" He asks in deep voice. "You're a friend of me sister."

"Yeah!" I just nod. "Nick, isn't it?" I ask even though I'm sure what his name is. Nick nods and takes a sip from his beer bottle.

Suddenly I see Matt approaching from behind a door I didn't even know was there. He is holding a huge cake with burning candles on top of it and starts singing Happy birthday just as our eyes meet.

All the rest joins in and Alex comes from behind Matt and hugs me furiously. I can't see him properly because the ever so annoying tears already gathered in my eyes.
"Alex you shouldn't have." I say, my voice raspy from the emotion making my words come out as meaningless.

"It was actually here Matt's idea." Alex straightens and pats Matt on a shoulder.

"I just couldn't help meself sometimes." Matt holds the cake in front of me so I can blow the candles off. Everybody comes to me and hugs me, wishing me all the best but I hardly process the words as the whole thing just really surprised me.