XX.

***Hope you're feeling more festive than I do! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!

Thanks for all your votes and comments, they mean so much to me! Enjoy the holiday :)***

******************************

It’s almost 11pm so the rest of my family is sound asleep already. I try to be as silent as possible – if Nina and Adam knew, I don't think they’d have any problem with letting me go but what is the point in waking them up anyway? Plus, they’d have questions which I wouldn’t be able to answer. And I don’t think sober Alex would thank me for letting Nina, his guitar teacher, see his drunk version.

I take my phone and house keys, put on my denim jacket and a huge, thick scarf to protect myself from the nasty November wind that’s blowing outside. I have no plans further than to go outside – as Alex put it – and I don’t know how long it’s gonna take me to find him so it’s definitely better to be warm.

I even decide to wear my black boots instead of converse. I open the front door silently and lock it from outside. I run through the small garden just to instantly stop as I get on the road. Alex is there, sitting on our neighbours’ bin. He clumsily jumps off it with a loud thud when he sees me and he starts walking my way.

“Alex?”

“Haven’t…” He frowns as if he was trying to find the right words. “Haven’t spoken for A MONTH, EL.” He raises his voice.

“Um… How are you?” Stupid me. How are you? I really couldn’t come up with anything more pointless, huh?

“How are youuu?” He asks back grinning and trying to shove his hands into the pockets of his dark jeans.

“Fine?”

“Fine. She’s fine.” Now he started talking to himself. He is drunk, I can even smell beer from him though we are standing about two meters from each other.

“You know El, I am not fine.” He points at his chest with his index finger.

“What… Ehm.” I cough. “What happened?” I am still confused about what Bree told me (to be correct what Bree didn’t tell me) as well as about the CD. I try to connect Alex’s drunkenness with the other two but I cannot come up with anything. However, it looks like Alex has some problems. He came here drunk... Maybe he needs a friend's advice.

“WHAT happened?” He keeps repeating everything I say.

I nod.

“Well, El, you happened.” Now he points at me and walks closer. “You happened El and I have no idea how to fucking…” He growls sounding like an angry dog.

“What happened? Alex?” I hiss starting to be scared. Going out alone maybe wasn’t the best of ideas.

“In September. This new girl came to my English class. And, you know, she was gorgeous. Bit confused looking but I like confused.” Alex chuckles. “And I wrote my number down. For her. I never wrote my number down before tha knows. They…” He raises his hands theatrically as if he wanted to hug entire High Green and shakes them. “…they ask for it… So I wrote it down by me locker and wanted to give it to her…” he stops talking.

I don’t think I can bear this any longer. He is talking rubbish and is drunk as hell so he doesn’t mean it anyway. I need to get him home. I have no idea where he lives though.

I break the silence. “Al… Alex.” He instantly looks into my eyes, looking like a lost puppy, as if he was expecting my words to feed him.

“We need to get you home.” I start walking outside the short one way road we are on.