VI.

Every day of the first week of school looks pretty much the same. I get excited for every single English class, the history is a bit confusing for now and I spend my time in cafeteria with Sue and her mates. They are actually really nice.

Mia is a bit shy and sometimes even awkwardly inappropriate, Jack is cocky but friendly, Sue is being her usual glorious self, Bree turns out to be very fond of literature and Jude is just nice.

Well, JUST nice is not the term to use... He is very, very nice and attentive to me and we spend all time I am not chatting with Bree or listening to Mia's monologues about mysterious Alex talking together. About anything and everything. I never had such a boy friend. I know it is not even a week we know each other but we get on really well.

And since we found out that our houses are the quite close to each other, we even walk to and from school together. Bree lives half way to school so she joins as well.

It's Friday morning, and a rather rainy one. Finally the end of the week. I am really looking forward to the weekend with my new family. Not that I am not missing my actual one. We are on skype as often as possible.

Jude awaits outside, leaning on the low, green painted wooden fence that surrounds Taylor's small garden and house. He is wearing a thin trench coat of colour of cappuccino with his collar up to protect himself from the drizzle. I found out Jude is pretty lazy when it comes to umbrellas - unlike me. I use mine as often as necessary.

The collar popped up like this makes him look a bit nerdy, though.

"Hey ya." I giggle when I see him.

"Ay." He straightens and we begin to walk.

I usually have an imaginary list of themes to talk about with people I don't know that good. I have a theme for each member of - as I call them in my mind - "The Crew". It's boys with Mia, boys with Sue (considering I am so shy and quite a loser I mainly listen), football with Jack, books with Bree and everything and anything with Jude. Also thanks to our morning/afternoon walks with Bree we have more and more to discuss every day.

Jude and I are talking about the day ahead of us, about homework and how great Fridays are (as cliché as it sounds, it's not boring to talk about these with Jude).

"...talking about Fridays. Looking forward to tonight?" Jude asks.

I get a bit confused. Well, I am not planning anything, just to chill with the Taylors.

"I guess so? I believe I'll end up playing with the kiddo or skyping with my family? Dunno. Nothing... exciting, really." I smirk.

"Wait El, so you're not coming?" I give him a confused look. "To the party?"

I completely forgot about the party! Errrm, what now? I usually plan everything, and this just came from nowhere... Plus I haven't asked Adam yet. I don't know what to expect once I do.

Jude keeps his gaze on me as we walk. We are reaching Bree's house now. She is waiting already. No umbrella. I consider hiding mine, I feel like an idiot now.

Jude raises his voice so Bree can hear him. "You girls didn't tell El about the party?"

"Sue did, actually, I just forgot. I need to ask Adam first, okay?" I see Jude's expression going from concerned one into excited one but I don't want to keep it like this. "But I do not promise anything, maybe he won't let me."

We get to school in about 10 minutes. All three of us have lockers near to each other so we usually do not have to split up until the bell rings.

However, Jude's first class today is maths and he needs to work on some homework so he leaves me and Bree alone. We both have English first and it takes place in a classroom that is at the other side of the building so we start walking that way.