XIX.

Though the Taylors’ house is only about ten minutes from Bree’s home, it takes me solid six hours to get home. We keep finding new stuff to do every time I decide to go. The fact we both know Alex used to make us more distant until now. Whatever he told Bree yesterday, it made her like and maybe even understand me more. Which doesn’t really make sense to me as I’d expect her to be… angry? I mean, I haven’t told her anything about me knowing Al in order to not make her jealous, and now she seems to know everything – certainly more than I know at the moment.

So many questions and no answers for me.

It’s being the first day of November, it is getting dark earlier than usually. When I get to Mortomley Park it is dim already. Freezing wind is blowing and I try to hurry up. I guess I should look for something warmer than my denim jacket.

When I get inside I can hear loud music and thuds in the living room. I put my stuff on the staircase and go there to find out what sort of rockers took over the house.

I find all three Taylors dancing furiously in the middle of the room. They are holding each other’s hands and jump around to the sound of what I identify as some of Rolling Stones’ old stuff.

“Hey!” I shout smiling.

“Wooohooo the lady’s comeeeeee!” Adam yells.

“Come come come Elleeee!” Olly joins him.

“Nah, rather…”

“Comeeeeee.” Olly doesn’t listen. Even if he wanted to, he wouldn’t hear me for the music.

Nina can see I am shaking my head so comes to me and we go to the hallway so we can talk.

“How are things?” She is a bit worried seeing I don’t want to dance with them. I'd normaly be the one to start a party like this one.

“Superb.” I grin. “I am just super tired.”

“Yeah, I have no idea who came out with calling spending time with friends a ‘sleepover’. There’s no sleeping as far as I know.” Nina laughs.

“We slept a lot though!”

“That’s singular indeed.” She pulls off surprised but amused face.

“I’ll go to my room, OK?”

“Sure! Should we turn it off?” Nina asks pointing her thumb at the door behind her shoulder.

“No just dance on.” I smirk.

“Cool.” She opens the door to the living room and the music becomes louder. “We bought you a CD as well. We have Rolling Stones and you have something coo, too.” She winks and I go to my room excited.

I find a CD on my bed. It’s Royal Blood’s album. I start laughing of happiness. I wanted this one so much! I know I need to play it this instant.

I don’t have a radio but I nicked speakers from Adam’s computer so I can play my music on them. He always uses headphones anyway so he haven’t even noticed. I open the drawer where I stuck my few CDs and the speakers. I take them out and notice something I've totally forgotten about. Alex’s CD. I still haven’t played it. A month ago I found it better to just hide it. I am curious when it comes to anything connected to Alex at this moment so I decide to give it a try.

I place the speakers on my nightstand and connect them with my laptop, my fingers shaking in anticipation. I open the CD case and take the Arctic Monkeys CD out of it. I jolt in surprise when I see there is another disc in the case.

The same writing as on the Monkeys CD says “for el”. These simple two words make my heart beat like crazy and my fingers start shaking even more. What is it? Why was that CD hidden? Is it really for me?