III.

Lunch is finished and not wanting to waste time, I leave the canteen right away. My walking pace is quite high, I do not want to let Alex wait. He left about five minutes ago and one doesn't let a guy like him wait. Ever.

He is standing by his locker which is now wide open. The hallway is almost empty, there are about ten other students at their lockers. However, Alex does not notice me coming.

"Hey?" I am about two meters from him, trying to get his attention.

He startles, leaves everything in his locker as it is and closes it with a noisy thud.

"Easy... I am here for the paper." He looks a bit confused, so I add "...remember? English class..."

"F'course I remember." He smirks, turns back to his locker and opens it with trained moves. "I 'ave it here, somewhere." He stands himself between me and his locker so I cannot see what's inside. "Got it, got it... 'ere you are. You're welcome." He theatrically nods as if he was waiting for applause or something.

I give him my judging look.

"Come on, I am 'appy I found the thing, this locker is  a bloody black hole. Nay, everything is in order in the black hole, this is bloody hell."

"Alright... I am happy you're happy." Ok so what do I say now? "Now, if you'll excuse me... I will go to my locker which is rather organized..." I start to laugh.

"Wait wait, ehhh..." I hear the thud of a closing locker again and his quick steps approaching me. I am at my locker already which surprises him a little and gives him trouble with stopping once he was walking so fast.

"Your..." He leans on the locker 526, right next to me, and continues. "...name?"

"Elena."

"Elena, right. I'd tell you me name, but you did your research already..." He chuckles and winks at me. I try to pull off my disgusted face.

"Mr Smith told me, douche." It was Jude who told me, but I don't need to tell this boy my whole life story.

"Why so touchy? Did your sandwich taste bad or summat?" What is he talking about?

"Sandwich?" Now I remember. Practically everybody eats sandwich for lunch here so he just assumed. "T'was rather dry, not to my taste if you ask."

Alex smiles, looks at the lockers on the other side of  the hall, frowns for a nanosecond as if he was about to say something more, and says "Well. See ya later, right?" he turns around and disappears.

He left me with no opportunity to answer once again. This guy loves to be theatrical.