XXII.

***didn't mean to post this any time soon, I wasn't sure about it at all, but it's Alex's birthday so I'm posting ;) have a wonderful evening guys, and thanks for reading!***

Matt walked me home and I found out he is a very nice and funny lad. He reminds me of my friends back home, who would always cheer me up and keep me in reality, the dreamer that I am. I am gradually finding all little things we have in common with Alex and this is one of them. 

Matt is that sort of boy who has always some things to say and no matter when or to whom, they'd make sense and be funny. I like him already. But again, that's me, seeing just the good in people. 

He told me he plays the drums which is something unearthly to me so the prospect of seeing him in action in a few days made it to the list of things I am looking forward to. 

"Al tried to teach me a bit of the guitar..." I told Matt. 

"Tried? Did he lose it or what?" Matt chuckled. "I can help out if you want? I play as well!" 

"Oh do you? That's great!" I blurted excited. "And thanks but my host mum is gonna teach me, she's Al's guitar teacher actually." 

"Yeah I guess he mentioned that." Matt smirked as we got to the Taylor's house.  

I sneaked inside quite successfully and collapsed onto my bed. 

Now it's Monday again and we are eating our sandwiches as usually. I am in such good mood my ham sandwich is not dry at all and I laugh on Jack's cheesy jokes. 

Suddenly I feel someone's hand on my shoulder and I turn around to see it's Alex. He is standing between my and Bree's chair and has his other hand on Bree's shoulder. He nods to greet Jack who is sitting opposite to me and turns to me and Bree. 

"Ladies." He smirks. "Alright, Bree?" He half asks half greets her. 

She scowls for nanosecond but then pulls a light smile which seems to make Alex satisfied. Now he turns to me and I start to shake nervously. 

"El..." He smiles. "We should have a word 'bout the English project Mr Smith told us about last week. In the library, remember? Could you come to classroom when you're finished here?" He is such a good liar I almost start believing there really was a project. 

"Yeah sure." I play along. 

"See you then... Guys." He takes his hand off my shoulder and nods to greet the rest of the table again. 

I continue eating and smiling like a psycho. 

"The hell guys did you three smoke something with Mr Smith?" Jack asks Bree. 

"Shit you talking about Jack?" Bree giggles disgusted. 

"You deffo act like it. And look at her..." He points at me and gives me amused look. "She is smiling like... Oh man is our friend from central Europe in love?" 

"Shu' up, Jack." I giggle. 

"Yeah mate, let her be." Jude says protectively. 

"It's alright." I tell him. 

"Besides..." Bree changes the subject. "…if we smoked we'd share you wanker." She tells Jack playfully and Sue bursts into hysterics. 

"Sure we would." I join the teasing. 

"Yeah girls, that's what you say now." Jack smiles. 

"Right guys I should be going if I want to catch Al and... Mr Smith." I add. I collect my stuff and turn around as I am standing up. I notice a raised hand at the table behind me, which is facing Jack. I look there and see Matt smiling and waving at me.