XIX.

3:15pm
Al: I miss you

Al: so cheesy

Al: are you gonna get these separately or as one

Al: if you get to wifi after I send all of them it'd only make sense if you got them as one long text

3:16pm
Al: I don't know I am no hi-tech

Al: and never spammed you without your being online

5:13pm
Me: I got them separately

Me: and I just got home, safe and sound :)

Al: El

Al: El

Al: El

Me: got these separately, too

Me: Al?

Al: I don't even know what I wanted to say the buildup made me forget

Me: haha seriously

Al: :-(

Me: anyway :) what have you been up to today?

Al: eating your cake

Al: sorry

Al: but Matt had to leave the leftovers in Boardwalk yesterday and we didn't want to leave it for the staff

Me: that's fine

Me: I mean as long as it was the Monkeys who ate it, how could one complain

Me: sorry I have to go family wants to catch up

Al: rude

Al: actually I didn't mean that

Al: of course

***

Back when I and Alex were sort of friends, I used to tease him about not using the modern technology a lot. He avoids it on daily basis, he hates smartphones, always complains about Netflix (even though he likes watching Breaking Bad) and he burns his own music mixed CDs rather than he would share a simple Spotify playlist. Social networks are a no-go for him. When we got together, he used his phone to call, sometimes message me, but no apps were ever included until now. He changed his mind the moment I mentioned sending texts might get very expensive. "I'd way rather bought you another guitar for the money." He said sadly and connected to wifi, his shoulders falling in defeat. I felt a bit bad for him until he started spamming me today. Of course I don't mind as every single message of his makes me smile.

After a lot of meeting and greeting with my family, both close and not so close, I crush onto sofa in my grandma's living room with a big fireplace being the only source of light. I smirk when I notice a phone in my grandma's hands, leaning a bit I see she is playing Tetris.

It's the Christmas Eve and not having anything special to do, I settle for a nap.

You know how sometimes when you sleep or after you wake up there is that song playing in your head for no reason, and it reminds you of some event, place, or even a person? That is my case now, I have no idea why but it's Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand this time. It strongly reaminds me of the time a few months back, just at the beginning of my stay in Sheffield. I had it on repeat even the first day of school just before I gor lost and Alex walked me to Mortomley Park, or as I called it then, the 'Bigass Park'.

The next day I met Alex exactly three times, at least that is the number of times I am aware of. Of course I remembered how and when I met him, it was him after all, even though I didn't see much significance behind any of them.