XV.

****AN****

It's gonna get better, I swear.

**********

The bloody virosis does not go away even after my week’s stay at home. I am staying one more week and I cannot meet anybody besides my family because I could easily infect them. Not that I have energy for meeting my friends. I feel lifeless.

When I finally get to school my legs still feel weak but I feel way better.

It’s the first week of October, which means the first month of my stay in England is over. It is a bit scary considering how little I managed to experience. I have definitely imagined my stay here will be more… active. Adventurous.

On the other hand, it being October means I get to see my family and friends back home in less than three months. Although I have to say I don’t miss them as much as I’d expected. That makes me feel rather guilty.

Today I feel like it was the first day of school all over again. I am confused on every single lesson I have and I even forgot half books I need for my classes at home. I have a lot of catching up to do. 

The last lesson is finally over and I go to my locker. I start sorting my stuff and picking books I need to take home when I hear a familiar voice.

“Heeey El! You coming for lunch with us?” Jude asks. Bree comes from behind him and says hi as well.

“Not today. I don’t think my stomach would take it…”

“Ouch… but you’re feeling better, right?” Bree asks.

“Could be worse, you know.” I smile feeling a bit nervous because of Jude. I haven’t seen him in two weeks and I already forgot how tall and handsome he is. But seriously? Am I going to freak out because of Jude? “Ehm… guys so how was the Alex's band's gig?” I look at both of them. They both frown for a nanosecond.

“They were good.” Jude answers finally.

“Yeah they were…” Bree rearranges her long brown hair. “…brilliant.” She smiles.

“That’s good to hear. Hope I will go with you next time.”

Bree nods slightly. “Yeah... We’ll talk later, OK? I need to hurry, I have an extra sociology class today.” She pulls out her ‘please kill me’ look and waves.

“Much homework, huh?” Jude asks pointing at the big pile of books in my hands. He is leaning on the locker next to mine. He wears his trench coat even though he is still inside. Probably too lazy to carry it in his hands.

“You cannot imagine… I feel at home. Busy as hell.”

“Poor girl. I can help you out if you need? You know that right?”

“Sure it’s just… I don’t think you would love to go through, say, History.”

Jude chuckles.

“I remember you mentioned the only thing you liked about the subject were the numbers. Nerd.” I laugh.

“That’s right. I looove numbers.”

“See? I hate them.” I finally close the locker.

Jude jerks. He apparently got lost in thoughts.

“El I was thinking…” He moves his green eyes to meet mine. “Would you go for a coffee with me?”

I smile to lessen the intensity of the moment. Why is he so serious? “Why of course!”

“It’d be a date.” He says in serious tone.

“Wh…?” I am confused. I thought we were friends. I almost feel my heart breaking. I don’t want to lose Jude! He’s my pal!