V.

I get into a small, convenient house on the corner of Alma Road. I take off my denim jacket and walk into living room which is also Adam's working space. He is an architect and he usually works on his stuff at home.

"Hey guys." I say hello to Adam and Olly, who is now playing on the ground.

"Ey ya, finally found yourself, huh?" Adam's working on a sketch at his drawing table. He smiles and takes is glasses off.

"Yeah... I managed at last." I answer.

"You know El I could've got ya, right? No problem."

"I am a 16 year old and I can get lost from time to time but I can walk as well, don't you worry. But I don't wanna cause any extra trouble, you know." I sit down on the ground next to Olly.

"Ehm, El, I am stuck with this little bump 'ere all day, what do you think? We both would love some adventure, am I right, kiddo?" He raises his voice towards the end of the sentence to get Olly's attention. The kid looks rather excited just hearing the word 'adventure '.

"Yaaaaaaaaay!" He yells.

"What would you say..." Adam uses the fact we are still looking at him. "...if me and mum took you for a pizza?"

I couldn't say no even if I wanted to, as Olly starts to yell again.

Adam continues. "T's been the first day at school, right, El? And we need to celebrate your... return home." He chuckles. "But we need to wait for Nina, she had some new guys scheduled for today so she'll be late."

Nina is a music teacher and she works on a primary school. She teaches children as well as some students from other schools or adults. I hope she will find some time for me as well. I would love to learn the guitar.

I stay in the room for next half-hour which I spend playing with Olly. It's a sweet kid, after all. And also a very funny 5 year-old.

Then I leave the boys so I can spend some time thinking about the day. I also check my social media and listen to music. I hear a knock on my door at about 6 o'clock.

"Elen, we're ready. Coming?" Nina asks.

"Sure, coming."

We get into Adam's mini and drive for about 30 minutes to get to the city centre. We park near a pizzeria called Puzzle Pizza which is supposed to be quite a popular thing here in Sheffield. We order two big pizzas and wait.

"Mummy, I need to loo." Little Olly moans.

"Olly, don't you wanna eat the pizza first?" Nina asks. She knows the highlight of the evening for Olly is the waiter coming with pizzas in his hands.

"I need to loo." Olly does not change his mind though.

"I can go with him, Nins." I smile. I just want to stretch my legs a bit. Plus Nina and Adam didn't have time to just talk today so I will let them this way.

The pizzeria is lit by dimmed lamps and nice relaxing instrumental music is playing in the background. I take Ollys hand and we go to the toilets. He enters the rest room and I lean on the wall next to the door to wait for him. After a minute a boy zigzagging around tables approaches me. I do not raise my eyes from the ground. He is passing me when he suddenly stops.

"El?" He looks a bit shocked the way one is shocked when his lately repaired car breaks again. I have to say I may look a bit strange, just passing my time standing here.

It takes me a few moments to recognize his face. Nooo way... It's Alex. Once again.

"Hey." I say quietly, trying to look unconcerned and lowering my gaze to the ground. Well this whole day is getting ridiculous.

He collects himself. "You 'ere with..."

"My family."

"Right. Nice choice, the Puzzle..."

I nod.

"Ehm, I'm 'ere just to grab a pizza for my mates. Workin' in a pub right outside. Boardwalk. There's a gig in half hour."

"You work during school? Wow... I wouldn't even if they paid me millions... well then maybe yes but... That is not the situation I'm in at the moment, so..." I talk nonsense just to keep the conversation. He chose to tell me what I didn't ask about and I don't wanna just rudely end it with an OK.

"Well I work there because they have some new bands coming all the time and there is much to learn, really."

"So you're in a band?" I raise my eyes with interest as I'm asking this.

His eyes sparkle. "Well we would like to start one, me mates and I. Just lookin' and foolin' around at the moment, really."

"You play an instrument then?" I am starting to want this conversation to carry on just when confused Olly walks out of the rest room. He stands by me and takes my hand looking at Alex curiously.

"Yeah, um..." Alex looks down at Olly which causes his messy hair falling into his eyes, and he raises his gaze back to me as he continues. "I play the guitar actually." He shakes off the look of a confused puppy and starts to sound rather conceited.

"Wow I always wanted to play the guitar!" I blurt excitedly. Well, that sounds bad. I know I should try to make it sound less like I ask him to teach me... After what feels like ages to me, I come out with the best answer possible.
"Well I guess we gotta go. Laters..." I say awkwardly as I am pushing Olly in front of me. Thanks God, the kid does not object. He must have just remembered of the pizza.

I don't wait for Alex's response. Simply because there is no way there could be any.

I see him leaving the restaurant with three boxes of pizza in his hands about 5 minutes later.