XXIII.

I have been standing in front of my closet for half hour now and still haven't figured out what to wear to my first planned date with Alex.

I don't have much clothes, just a few pieces I managed to stuff into my huge suitcase three moths ago, but I still can't decide.

What does one wear to a date?

I have never been one of the glamorous girls who wear tigh tops and perfect makeup. I am more of a baggy clothes girl which makes me both look and feel as if I were a boy. But I want to look girly today, for Alex's sake.

Ten minutes later, I figure I wouldn't look girly even in girly clothes. Which I don't have. Problem sorted. I'm taking my flannel shirt and black jeans - ultimate combination I'd wear 24/7 if I didn't have to wash them every now and then.

My attempts to get some makeup on my face fails as well so I only go for mascara as usually. I'm the worst.

My phone beeps. I open it and see a text from Alex.

Al: you not sleeping or summat?

I answer.

Me: it's 6pm do you think I'm sleeping

Al: we both know you like to nap now and then ;)

Hahaha funny, Alex, funny.

Me: and I love it

Me: naps are the love of my life

Me: you know

I always talk too much via texts if you're interested.

Al: I totally get you

Me? that's why we're going out tonight

Al: totally

Al: anyway, I thought I'd remind you

Al: I really was afraid you will oversleep or summat

Al: you have one hour to get ready :) 

Al: not that I don't think 5mins isn't enough for you el

Me: omg alex why you so nice to meee

Me: ok I'll stop now

Me: and don't worry

Me: see you @ 7 :)

Al: this isn't being nice, this is being selfish

Al: see you pretty :)

I walk around my room listening to Royal Blood for almost half an hour - looks like I got ready too early. All other options of spending my free time are suddenly gone and I can't think of anything out of the nervosity.

I decide to go downstairs in case Alex comes earlier.

I sit down on the stairs, facing the door.

Wait this is a bit over the edge.

I stand up and join Olly in watching his cartoons instead. I can't pay the attention though.

Finally I hear a loud knock on the door and stand up swiftly. 

I shouldn't go open the door just yet, I'd look too eager. 

Olly gives me a confused look as I keep standing in front of the sofa not moving even an inch.

I start thinking about the whole situation. If Alex likes me and I like him what is the reason of trying to look cool or not eager? 

I must look pretty comic now because I start running clumsily and half-slip on a rug in the corridor. It slips a few inches back with me still on it.