XVII.

****an****
So guys I would love to thank you for reading my story again! You are awesome and I appreciate it so much! Your comments and reads make my day :) I am super thankful! Also super motivated and inspired ;)
So I have three chapters almost 100 per cent ready for you! These next two are fillers (sorry) but they lead to some... interesting events. Looking forward to sharing it all with you guys!! :)
***********

Other two weeks gone, I feel like I am starting to get closer to Jude again. We meet in the cafeteria every day and we sit next to each other like we used to so we sometimes talk. We discuss random stuff as usually, though the discussions are reserved as if we were both trying hard to avoid certain topics. I also try real hard to drag the rest of The Crew into our conversation.

Mia noticed and without thinking about what she says, she blurts. “What is up, you two?”

The whole table looks at her and I can feel I am starting to blush like crazy.

“Have you guys slept together or what?” I hate the tone in which Mia says this. It would be alright if she asked why we both bought the biggest coffee which makes people fat. But this is not the case now.

“What the hell Mia?” Sue giggles and looks at me. I am definitely as red as a tomato because her smile freezes immediately.

“Maaaan!” Jack chuckles.

“Mia you forgot I promised you will be my first when we were seven or what?” Jude chuckles.  

“Shut up.” Mia joins the tomato-ish faces club and everybody laughs. I smile lightly but my heart is still beating like crazy.

It’s Friday and I’m leaving the school little bit later than usual, I spent some time in the school library looking for books for compulsory reading which I hope I will get to during the upcoming weekend. I suddenly notice Jude’s tall figure in dark wash jeans, black converse and trench coat in the crowd about twenty meters from me. He is walking alone.

I remember he mentioned he had some stuff to finish after the lunch, that’s why he’s leaving as late as I.

My stupid head finally realizes this is the same boy who has always been super kind to me. The funny book reader and music lover who would spend so much time with me, making me feel secure in this new place.

I raise my walk pace and my heart starts beating faster because of the excitement. I get to Jude and start walking next to him. He doesn’t notice me at first because he is wearing his clubmaster sunglasses to protect his eyes from the rather surprisingly aggressive light of late October sun. He jerks in surprise when he finally notices somebody is walking with him.

“Hi.” I say, not looking at him.

“Heeey?” The greeting sounds like a question. I hum.

“Do you…” I want to talk about everything but I fail. I don’t have this planned at all. I cough and continue. “Do you have time for a coffee?”

“Yeah sure.” He smiles to himself. We walk to the near bus stop in silence.

I always thought I am one of those who need to talk about everything. Who need to talk to make things the way they want them to be. Turns out this silence suits me better.

We get on the first bus that comes, its destination being the city centre. Jude takes a window seat by the back door and I sit next to him. He takes his phone and headphones from his pocket and gives me one headphone.

He plays ‘Long Hair’ by The Drowners which makes me smile instantly. Seems a perfect song for a day like this.

Half hour later, we get off the bus on a big bus station, and walk about ten minutes to get to this beautiful, vintage looking place called Marmaduke’s Cafe Deli. Everything from floors to tables and chairs is wooden and there are many dried flowers hanging from the ceiling. To me it looks like a café version of Jude, as creepy as it sounds.

We find a nice corner with awesome leather sofa by a small table and sit down. We order our coffee, I decided to have a cappuccino. Cappuccino never disappoints.

Again, we don’t talk about the past month. We talk about everything that comes to our minds now. No topics excluded. In my thoughts I keep running back to the dialogue we had that Monday four weeks ago but we both act as if it didn’t happen. We leave after an hour and Jude decides he is going to show me the centre – at least a few places.

We get to a nice park with a beautiful fountain and we sit on a bench nearby just to stand up again the next minute. We are heading to the bus station which is now about a kilometre from where we are at the moment, Jude says we are even going to cross the biggest river of the city, the Don, again. We did cross it when we walked to the café and he mentions it so I get the idea of where we are at the moment and where we are going now.

When we get on the bus and buy our tickets, I check my phone just to see what time it is. I find six missed calls from Bree. I forgot to turn the sounds on after I left school. What on earth could have happened?

“Jude?” I ask. “Did you see Bree after lunch?”

“No, she went home instanly. Why you asking?”

“I have six missed… wait she is calling again.” I pick up. “Bree? What is it?”

“I… um… El?” I can hear she is sobbing.

“What Bree?” She doesn’t make a sound. “Tell me please I am worried!” I look into Jude’s eyes and he starts worrying as well.

“Al… Alex. He came to me and… Oh El I am such a piece of shit… I wanna fucking die!”

“Shut up Bree! Fuck ‘em boys…” I look apologetically at Jude, he just nods.

“You won’t understand… Nobody will…” Bree starts crying.

“Tell me where you are so I can come and talk.”

“I’m walking ‘round High Green.”

“Okay, I will be at yours in about…”

“Twenty minutes.” Jude whispers.

“Twenty minutes. Make yourself a cuppa and wait for me.”

“Okay.” Bree whines.

“Don’t you do anything stupid, you.”

“Promise.”

“Okay.” She hangs up, and so do I.

“Do I wanna know what’s happened?” Jude asks in manner that suggests he knows already.

“I am not sure if I do.”