XXI.

***may 2015 by nice to you, my awesome readers! happy new year!***

"I need you." Alex repeats as if he was afraid I overheard the first time.

I step back and look into his eyes. I am still full of doubts regarding the state he's in at the moment but I see his eyes are sparkling with excitement and he's biting his lower lip nervously.

I come closer to the boy and do the only thing I was longing to do since I found him sitting on our neighbors' bin half hour ago.

I hug him furiously and a relieved sigh leaves his mouth.

"I missed you." I squeak.

We stand there, in front of my temporary home, for good five minutes, not letting each other go. I am starting to worry I might harm this skinny, clumsy small boy who is dear to me. The cold wind is still blowing but I am not cold and neither is Alex. Maybe I'm just making this up, but the boy looks a bit less drunk than what he looked like when I came outside.

"We should get you home, Al."

I half whisper with my arms still locked around his shoulders.

"Get me home? What why?" The disappointed tone in his voice makes me smirk.

"You're teensy bit... Drunk. And it's getting late."

"No no no... Let's just." He looks around. "Let's just go for a walk or summat."

"Ummmmm..." Maybe the walk will lead to somewhere near his home? "OK let's go." I grab his shoulder and lock my arms around it, partly to support him walking and partly to simply feel closer to him.

"El I... Mean it. I mean all of what I said."

"Yeah." I nod.

"No really." He stops to have a better look at me.

"Sure I... I believe you but you have to consider the fact I am confused. It is so sudden and... Nobody ever told things like this to me."

"Nobody?" Alex raises his eyebrows in disbelief.

I nod.

"Not even the boy of yours?"

"The boy? I have no boy."

"What about the tall one who's around you like twenty-four seven?"

"Jude? He's a friend."

"And you weren't on a date or summat? Yesterday? I saw you leaving together."

"Well we went for a coffee but..." I look at Alex. "He's not my boy."

"Alright." Alex blurts. We walk on.

He breaks the silence suddenly though. "And is that what he sees it like as well?"

"Sees what like?"

"Your being 'friends only'."

"Sure." I nod but also start to think it maybe isn't what it's like. I order myself to let it be for the time being. There are things I need to ask Alex.

"Al?" He hums to show he is listening. "The CD you gave me..."

"D'you like it?"  Drunkenness makes his excitement cute. He both looks and sounds like Olly. (You don't have to tell me how wrong this sounds.)

"I have only listened to the... Not-Monkeys one."

"Yeah that was what I was asking about. Although you should listen to the band's stuff as well so you can sing along next month."