Chapter 19 Success

"Hello, Ms. Taylor. Have a seat, Sam will be right out to get you."

"Thank you." I told the lady behind the desk, who even the many times I have been there, has still yet to tell me her name. I take my seat, with the song in my hand the Riker had helped me write last night. Its amazing, my writers block just faded. I think I have found the perfect cure for it, not that I would tell anyone.

While I was sitting there thinking about last night, Sam came into the hallway. "Ahh, my star pupil, how great to see you again."

I chuckled and got up to greet him. "Its great to see you again Sam." I gave him a one armed hug, than he smiled at me wider.

"You seem like you are in a better mood. I take it the song got him back again?"

I blushed. "Hey, I may not know the situation, but I know the kind of song you wrote, and you look like a whole new girl. I have never seen you this happy."

"Okay," I blushed deeper, "yes, I did. and I owe you big time."

"No you don't. Its my job to help with your music, for what ever reason the song is to be used." He smiles again. "So, is this the new piece you have for me this week?"

I nodded, handing him the page in my hand. "Yeah, it took all week, but I think I finally got it right."

He laughed. "Okay, follow me back."

After nearly 2 hours, we were finally finished with the song. We had edited, added to it and recorded it. I wasn't sure when I would actually have an album, although I guessed I had to have a few more songs first. I could get it faster by taking Sam's offer for bringing in another song writer, but I wanted to write my own music.

After getting back out to the car, I pulled out my phone. I had to call someone and tell them how it went.

A= Amy R= Riker

R= Hi baby.

A= (All I could manage was a squeal)

R= (chuckled) I take it it went well?

A= Oh my god, yes. I just recorded my first song as an artist.

R= Wow, that is amazing! I am so proud of you, I really am.

A= Thanks! I am so happy.

R= You should be. We should go out and celebrate.

A= Oh, that sounds like fun. (sighed)

R= What's wrong babe?

A= Its not a big deal, but I was kind of hoping to get my career going before everyone knew we were dating, wouldn't someone see us?

R= Okay, first off, why?

A= Because I don't want people to think that I am using you to build my career. If they don't know until after, its not going to appear like that. I don't want any hate, to you or me.

R= Don't worry about me. And besides, I love you, that is all that matters. Don't worry about what others may say.

A= You're right. Yeah, we should go out! Where to?

R= We will talk when you get here. I am dying to see you, I have missed you today.

A= I was only gone 2 and a half hours.

R= I KNOW! IT SUCKED!

A= (laughed) Okay, I'll be home in a few. I love you Rike!

R= I love you too babe. See you soon.

I felt good, driving back home. If you didn't get it, Riker has move back in. We are totally happy again, and it was the greatest feeling imaginable to have him back again. I loved him more than action and words could show, and to have him back again has been an amazing experience to live. Our time apart killed us both, and to have him in my arms again made me feel like I was on cloud 9.

When I pulled into the driveway, Riker came outside. I didn't hesitate. Happiness took over me. I jumped out of the car, running into his arms. He spun me around a few times before placing my feet back on the ground again. "I am so proud to have such and amazing girlfriend." He leaned down, kissing my lips passionately. It didn't take long for it to start getting heated.

I started playing with his hair, and his hands were on my waist, with his thumb under my shirt rubbing circles on my hips. He groaned, pulling away. "We should stop, or we wont make out reservation. Go get ready for the greatest night of your life." He smirked, finally opening his eyes.

I was shocked. "You got reservations? Riker, it was only a song, not a whole album." I chuckled.

He laughed a little. "I know, but I am just so proud of you."

"Okay, so where are you taking me?" I asked curiously.

He shook his head. "Surprise. Now go get ready!"

I just sighed and shook my head, pulling from his still holding his hand and we went inside.

*****

"Wow, Riker. This place is amazing!" I told him as we took our seats.

"I'm glad you like it." He looked at me seriously. "Only the best for my girl."

I blushed. Through dinner we talked about his career, mine picking off the ground and his family. "Have you talked to your mom since our fight?"

I knew what he wanted to know. "Yeah, she wasn't much help for my feelings."

"She must me mad at me, huh?"

I was shocked. "Why would she be mad at you? I ran you off because of something your brother said. I was the ass, not you!"

He looked sad. "Yeah, but I didn't have to go."

I felt so bad for him when he said that. "Riker, can I ask you a question?" He nodded. "Are we not closer now than we were before?"

He thought for a second. "Yeah, I guess we are."

I chuckled. "Okay than, think of it as a blessing in disguise." I leaned over the table and kissed his cheek. He smiled at me sweetly.

"Yeah, I guess you are right." Than our conversation turned into random stuff again as we finished our lunch.

"Wow, this was an amazing lunch. Thank You Riker."

He got a look on his face I couldn't put a name to. "And its not over yet!" I gave him a questioning look, but he just shook his head. I just sighed.