Chapter 34 Abby

A few hours later, we were both on the couch. Even at home, where their was plenty of room to sit, I still sat on his lap 90% of the time. His hand rested on my stomach, and about every 2 minutes he will turn his head slightly to kiss my cheek. It was just a little thing we did. It was one of those things we will never stop doing.

We were lost in our moment when his phone rang from upstairs. He started to set me off to the side and get up, and I groaned. He chuckled and bent down, kissing my cheek. He smiled at me before running up stairs. When he didn't come back for a few minutes, I got up and walked to the back door. I looked through the curtain, seeing Abby right against fence, 50 feet from the back door. I silently chuckled, slipped on my boots by the door and opening it.

I still haven't gotten to ride her. The day this big surprise happened, both me and Riker got a surprise that we were going to have a family. That was before we knew they were twins though. "Hi Abby baby." I said as I approached her. She started to whinny and nodded her head at me as I walked toward her. I smiled at her. "I know. But just be patient. I want to be on you so bad right now too. Only about 3 more months, okay?" She had been ridden. Ellington knew how to ride, and he taught Rydel how too, so they have been coming out every few days and giving them both some exercise. She loved being ridden.

She pressed her nose to my chest. "Aww baby, you are going to make me cry. I really can't. I want to, trust me!" I laid my forehead between her eyes. It was nice to have a snuggly animal, I just wish it wasn't a thousand pound snuggle animal. "It only you were smaller, we would snuggle all the time." She whinnied softly. Out of nowhere, she went into a snorting fit, and pulled away, shaking her head. "He's behind me, isn't he little girl?" Just than two strong arm wrapped around me. I was just big enough now that he could wrap his arms around me and interlock his fingers, and they wrapped perfectly.

"Why don't you hop on. I know you want to, and I will hold her." I turned around in his grip. He held his hands still interlocked.

The look in his face was serious. "Riker, do you realize what you just said?"

He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah." He kissed my nose. "Look, I may not know much about horses, but I know she trusts you. From the first time I brought you out here, she loved you. Now, she will call for you at the back door. If I come out first, she goes nuts. Now, if you had no idea what you were doing, her trust and love for you wouldn't be enough. But you do." He looked deeper into my eyes. "I see it hurts you that you haven't been able to ride her yet. I want you to be happy, and I know I objected to it before, but that was before I saw how much you two trusted each other" On cue, she came up behind and nudged my back.

I turned around, and Riker let go of me. I looked back at him, to see one piece of denial in his eyes. Nothing to be found. I turned back to her and smiled. "What do you say little girl?" She nuzzled me again. I laughed. "Okay than!" I turned back and looked at Riker, he grabbed my hand and we walked toward the gate with Abby following beside us on the other side of the fence.

Excitement took over as we walked through the fence and she still followed us to the barn. He opened up the tackle closet, and pulled at her bridal, handing it to me. He got the saddle since I couldn't lift it. Once he had it on, and I already had the bridal on, I walked beside her. I took one more quick glance at Riker. Was I scared? Well, to be honest, yes. For one, I haven't ridden a horse in half a year, and not to mention I was almost 5 months pregnant too. Riker seemed calm and sure. He wouldn't mention it if he hadn't of been though.

I had seen Rydel ride her almost every day, watching in lust is more like it. Right as I was about to get on, Abby turned around and softly bumping my bum, and I looked at her. Riker chuckled. "I think she wants you to get on already. I'll have a hold of her, it will be okay." He smiled at me reassuringly. Abby still had her head turned looking at me. I nodded. I climbed up on the side of the stable door for the distance I couldn't jump right now. I took that leap over her back, and she faced forward again. I had to admit, I really loved being on a horse again. It truthfully made this place feel like home more. I smiled at Riker and nodded. He returned the smile and did a click and started walking.