Chapter 26 Family Meeting

Life was great at the moment. I was engaged to my best friend, we were in love and we had a baby on the way. I couldn't possibly be happier right now. We called my mom and told you that we were engaged, and although she expected it, she still seemed shocked. All in all though, she was happy for us. Well, we will see how she feels when I tell her in only a few days that she has a grandbaby on the way. I was a little scared. Riker assured me that it would be okay.

Telling his family didn't scare me however, and we were going to do that face to face. They were cool. His family was supportive of us, and that is why I was excited right now while driving to their house to tell them we were engaged. Questions will probably be asked. I thought for a second. What would it hurt to tell them? They would keep the secret, and I didn't want to lie if it was asked. I was lucky my mom didn't ask.

I looked at Riker, who at that moment was looking at me. How could I hold him back. I could make the decision to tell my mom or not, but I am taking his away. I am pregnant, I have no doubt about that now, so I changed my decision. "Hey Rike?"

He pulled his eyes off the road for a second and looked at me. "Yeah babe?"

"I was wrong!" He looked at me again confused. "I have do doubt that the test was right, and I am confident that everything is fine." He started to smile, than was shocked. He gave me a 'what are you talking about look' and I finished. "If you want to, I would like to share both pieces of news with your family."

He pulled into the drive way just as I finished. "If you really want to wait, I can. I know earlier I said I couldn't, but I trust your decision."

I unbuckled my belt and got up on my knees looking at him. "I changed my decision. I want them to know, but I guess you don't want.." I was cut off by his lips landing on mine. He smiled at me when he pulled away.

"So, are we telling them now?" He nodded and got out, coming around to get the door for me.

Before we got to the door, it flew open. I hid my left hand in my back pocket. "Hi sweeties, what a surprise." Stormie threw her arms around us. I was smiling when she pulled away. She looked at me. "You look better. Feeling any better?" I nodded, inside I was smiling wide, trying not to blurt out why I was sick and so tired last night. "Good, come in before you get sick again." If only she knew. But, soon she would.

Riker looked at his mom. "Can you get everyone together?" She looked worried, and looked at me. I was holding a straight face, looking at the floor and mentally yelling at myself to keep my mouth shut. I was right and so was Riker, seeing them and keeping the secret for only 3 days would be impossible. Riker pulled my hand and led me into his dads office. "Dad, I am calling a family band meeting, can you call Ellington to come over?"

Just like his mom did, Mark looked at both of us. He just nodded and dialed on the phone at his desk. I pulled from Riker's hand, suddenly feeling sick. I didn't want to get sick, so I just went for the back door. The fresh air helped the feeling go away. Riker immediately came after me. "You okay babe?"

I nodded. "Yeah, normal. And it is just worse right now, because my nerves are playing their part at the moment." He chuckled a little and walked over to me. I laid the top of my head against his chest, looking down at my feet. I didn't want to be on his chest completely if I started to get sick.

We stood in silence for a few minutes, until there was a knock on the back door. Riker and I looked and seen Ellington standing there. "What was so important you pulled me from Call of Duty dude?" Than he looked at me. "Hi Amy. I'm not being mean or picking here, but you really don't look good.

I shrugged. Riker started rubbing my back when I laid the top of my head back on his chest. "We will be right in. Is everyone already together?" Riker asked Ellington.