Chapter 20 Public

After dinner, Riker got up and reached for my hand. We walked out of the restaurant hand in hand. I was curious as to what else he had planned, and knowing him, he wouldn't tell me. We walked right past the car, and just started walking down the sidewalk. If I was confused earlier, I really was now. Riker pulled his hand free from mine and put his arm around my waist. When he stopped walking I was surprised.

He looked nervous, but I wasn't sure why. Than he looked in to my eyes. "I want to tell everyone."

I knew what he was talking about. He wasn't going to let this go. I was still set on waiting until my career took off, but I knew how badly he wanted all his fans to know. I thought for a second. I had told him that we would talk later, and it was later.

He looked at me with pleading eyes as we sat down on a bench. "I want the world to know that you are mine, I am tired of hiding it. It is going to kill me, and I am so afraid that I am going to slip. I can make sure that nobody feels like you are using me, I promise. I just really want to show the world that I have an amazing girlfriend."

How could I tell him no? He was so sweet, and although I knew he would try to explain the situation, I still feared that there would still be a few fans who would think differently. After thinking about it for a few seconds, I looked at Riker and his pleading eyes. He looked like he was about to break down if I told him no. I just had to suck up my fear. Whether before or after, fans would still have there thoughts, and they weren't afraid to express them. I closed my eyes, one last thought. I looked at Riker when I opened my eyes. He was patiently waiting for my response.

I sighed and nodded. The smile on his face grew. With no warning, he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed back. I knew what was to come, but I would have to suck it up. I loved Riker, and if I kept him held back I was afraid I would lose out on him too.

He took out his phone, and pulled up the camera. Turning the camera around, I laid my head on his shoulder. His head was rested on mine when the snapped the picture. I felt him smile against the top of my head just before kissing it. I watched as he typed:

This girl is amazing. Hello world, meet my girlfriend, Amy Taylor. You guys will be seeing and hearing a lot more from her very soon.

He looked at me just before he hit the post button. I nodded and smiled at him, and he hit it. He sighed, than kissed the top of my head again. I think after dating for 5 months it was fair to share it now.

We sat in silence, just enjoying each others company. Out of no where, this younger girl walks up to us. He smiles at Riker at first, than at me. "You guys are so cute together. I so ship it!" Than she ran off. Me and Riker chuckled slightly. Well, that was my first compliment from a fan on our relationship. I wasn't too worried about face to face meets, but the photo comments is what I was worried about. Fans very seldomly said something bad to any idol to their face.

I sighed again, wrapping both my arms around Riker. He smiled, and leaded down kissing my lips again. "Lets go!" I nodded and we got up, both my arms still wrapped around him. We walked back to the restaurant parking lot and he helped me into the car, than he ran around and got into the drivers side.

When he got in, he started the car and the radio automatically came on. "Let's Not Be Alone Tonight" by, well, himself and his band, was on. He grinned at me, and we both sang along. It had just started, so we had a good 3 minutes of giggling and laughing. On cue, when the song ended, my phone rang. I looked at it, it was Rydel.

A= Amy R= Rydel

A= Hey, how's Africa?

Riker started to laugh next to me.

R= haha. Funny.

A= I know, me an Riker thought so too.

R= Yeah, yeah. Anyway the reason I called....

A= You want to tell me about all the wild animals, aww, I'm honored.

R= Amy!

A= Hey, Remember. Simba was cute as a cub, but he is grown up now.

Riker literally burst into laughter when I told her that.

R= DAMN IT AMY!

Riker looked at the phone with a killer look. "Hey, Rydel, she's only playing! Chill!"

R= Okay, I'm sorry. I just called for a reason, that's all.

A= Okay, I'm serious now, what's up Rydel?

R= I wanted to know how the song was? You know, since to sent me to Africa to finish it.

A= Hey, you get mad at me for cracking jokes.

R= Payback is a bitch, ain't it? But really, how did your meeting go.

I looked at Riker, who shook his head.

A= I'll tell you later.

R= What? I want to know now.

Riker spoke loud enough again. "We are on our way over. Just need to run home real quick, than we will be there." I just put the phone on speaker phone since he could hear every word anyway.

R= Okay. But hurry. I really want to know.

A= We will be there. But I gotta go, I'll see you in a little bit.

R= Okay, love you sis!

A= Love you too!

I hung up and looked at Riker. I laughed and shook my head at the same time. He did the same. "That's my sister for you. She can be very impatient at times."

I laughed. "So I've noticed." We both laughed together this time.

As we were pulling into the driveway, I saw a car. Riker was smiling at me. "Stay here. I'll be right back." I did as he told me. As he approaches the car, a nicely dressed man gets out.