Chapter 9

Jais P.O.V:

I was standing at the airport with a board that read, Mahira Kapoor. I was wearing my sunglasses and thinking about the big fat girl who will come and punch me. I just got frightened even thinking about it. I looked around to try to find her she was nowhere!

I could see some families reuniting and a happy smile on their faces but on mine you only saw my dead face. I knew that I was going to die but didn't know this soon.

A tap on my shoulder interrupted my thoughts and I was scared to turn around because I didn't want it to be Mahira.

"Excuse me?" A girl said from behind me.

This girl sounded sweet so this couldn't be Mahira. I finally turned around and found a beautiful girl smiling. My eyes went straight to her eyes which were mischief but innocent. Her smile punched me right in the heart and she killed me with the looks of her eyes.

"Dabbu?!?!" She yelled. All my dreams shattered as she laughed hysterically and kept calling me by that name.

"Don't call me Dabbu!! My name is Jai. Jai. Jai." I barked.

"What's with all the attidude??" She replied taking the board out of my hand.

"Mahira can we just go??" I asked.

"You have not changed at all Dabbu!" Mahira claimed.

"Your looks have changed but inside you are still a bully!!" I said going to my car.

I waited for Mahira to get in the car and kept looking at my watch. After like 20 minutes she finally entered the car with her luggage. The whole drive was a silence one and I liked it that way.

"Nice car." Mahira said breaking the silence.

"Don't try anything!! Just stay quiet we don't have to talk." I said turning the radio on.

When we reached the apartment I carried Mahiras stuff but still didn't talk to her because I knew she would end up with a prank or insult. I opened the door and we found Akira and Sandhya sitting on the table.

"Mahira!!!!!!!" Akira screamed with excitement hugging Mahira tightly.

"Hi my name is Sandhya." Sandhya introduced.

"I know! Di (sister) told me all about you. Best of luck on your love story!!" Mahira said.

"So how was the ride?" Akira asked.

"It was okay but Dabbu was a little mean!!" Mahira teased.

"Who is Dabbu?" Sandhya asked.

"It is a fun nickname for Jai that Mahira came up wih. Mahira go freshen up!!" Akira said.

Mahira nodded and left, while I gave I stared at Akira. Akira avoided me and left.

"Don't be so serious Dabbu!!" Sandhya yelled running to her room. I threw a pillow at her but missed and I could hear Mahira laugh from the other room.

Devs P.O.V:

I walked in my house and into a family meeting. My grandfather was sitting with a file in his hand and Sanjana was staring into space while my other 2 brothers were anxious. My dadaji (grandfather) must have decided who gets all this luxurious property of his.

"We all have been waiting for you. Sit down." My dad said.

I took a seat across from dadaji (grandfather) and he looked me in the eyes and then at my brothers.

"You all are worthy but only one of you has proven to be the best." He said.

"Who is that?" My eldest brother asked.

"Dev." My grandfather answered.

I was shocked I couldn't believe that this was real. I stood up as my grandfather did and we hugged each other.

"There is only one thing Dev." He said breaking the hug.

"What is that dadaji (grandfather)? You know I would do anything!" I answered.

"Find yourself a bride."

Authors Note:

Hi puppylovers!!!! Do you like Mahira? What about the name Dabbu? I think it is cute but Jai thinks otherwise!!

What will happen now? Dev needs a bride!!! Oh no!! Who will he marry? A family friend? A dog? I don't know!! Actually I do because I am the writer but I won't tell you because well I am mean.

I don't have anything to say and I just realized that it is 12 am. I didn't know it was late. Okay bye!! Love you!!!