Chapter 28

Devs P.O.V:

When Sandhya asked me if I had ever loved someone I was surprised. I never thought she would ask such a question. Falling in love was a big deal for me, I had once fallen in love and the outcome wasn't great.

"Dev? How can a girl date you only for your money?!? You are so cute!!" Sandhya said in a baby tone squashing my cheeks together.

"I know but oh well. Let's forget about that. I'm sleepy." I said trying to get out of this conversation.

I closed my eyes to fall asleep but Akiras image kept popping in my mind every time I closed my eyes. I opened my eyes but she still wouldn't go away!! This hasn't happened to me in 2 years. Why all of the sudden?

"Dev!! We have landed!!" Sandhya said surprising me.

"What??"

"Dev pay more attention!!" Sandhya said.

The plane had landed in Mumbai. There were so many people here!! Although I have lived in New York so this isn't that bad expect for the weird smells.

"Hey Dev me and Jai are going to go straight to my friend to surprise her. Do you want to come?" Sandhya asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Where is Natasha? And Aagam?" Jai asked.

"Natasha is sleeping I'm right here!" Aagam said.

"Do you want to come?" Sandhya asked.

"Where?" He asked.

"Her friend!" I said frustrated.

"A chick? Sure." He said sitting in the taxi.

Jais P.O.V:

We reached Akiras aunts house, I didn't feel comfortable bringing Dev here but I couldn't stop Sandhya.

"Shit!!" Dev yelled.

I turned around to find Devs pants covered in mud.

"How did that happen?" I asked.

"Some kid came here and splashed mud on me." Dev whined.

"Come on you can use the restroom." I said.

I really hope Akira doesn't kill me.

"Aunty!!" I yelled taking an apple from the table.

I had known Aunty since a long time she was the sweetest.

"Kyun hai?!? (Who is it?!?)" Aunty screamed.

Aunty came out of the kitchen and smiled on seeing me.

"My love!!" I said hugging her.

"When did you come?" She asked.

"Few minutes ago. This is Dev, Aagam his brother, and of course Sandhya." I introduced.

"Of course!!! I know Sandhya!" Aunty said.

Her eyes went to Devs muddy pants, she chuckled and Devs face was red.

"Here I will take you to the restroom." Aunty said taking Dev.

"I'm gonna meet some desi girls!" Aagam smirked going outside.

"Let's go see Akira, she must be in her room." I said to Sandhya who followed me.

I knocked on Akiras door and when she opened it she was surprised but her expression changed when she saw Sandhya.

"Akira!!" Sandhya yelled giving her a tight hug.

"What are you doing here?" Akira asked.

"Didn't Jai tell you? My wedding is happening in Mumbai for you!! I did this so you could attend my wedding! After all, you are my angel." Sandhya said smiling.

"Wedding? Here?" Akira said stomping on my foot.

"Ooh and I'm so happy!! You finally get to see Dev!! He is in the restroom because his pants got dirty. Also Aagam is here, his brother." Sandhya said.

"Oh. Did you bring everyone here?" Akira asked stomping on my foot again.

"Sandhya!! My muddy pants aren't muddy anymore!" Dev yelled from the living room.

"Let's go!" Sandhya said pulling me and Akira.

Sandhya stopped and ran to Dev to see what the commotion outside was.

"Seriously? The wedding is happening here? Jai!! What I ran away from is coming to me!!" Akira said.

"This wasn't my idea it was Natasha's!" I said looking outside to see a bunch of woman gathered around.

"What's going on outside?" Aunty asked.

"We don't know." Akira said crossing her arms.

"Has Dev seen you?" She asked.

"Am I alive? Yes so no he hasn't." Akira said.

"I better go see what is happening outside!" Aunty said leaving me alone with the Angry Akira.

"I can't believe this is happening!!" Akira said.

After a few minutes Sandhya walked back in, "Akira sorry we have to leave. Aagam got slapped. Yea he was flirting with a woman."

"Oh how nice!!" I said sarcastically.

"I was hoping you would meet Dev but we have to go. Are you coming with us Jai?" Sandhya asked.

"No I'm staying with Akira." I said.

Suddenly, Dev walked in the house. Akira quickly guy behind me and backed away in the kitchen.

"Come on Sandhya. Everyone's waiting at the hotel." Dev said looking around it is like he knew the presence of Akira.

From the corner of my eye I could see Akira peeking from the kitchen.

"Bye!!" I said to Sandhya and Dev.

In a blink of an eye they left.

Authors Note:

2 updates?!? I know I'm amazing!!! Hopefully you liked it!! Love you a lots puppylovers!! Goodnight really tired!! Since this is two updates in one day I'm not going to ask question of the day because I already did in the last one.

I forgot to ask this question but are you a little mad that they were so close to meeting but didn't!!