Chapter 22

Sandhyas P.O.V:

Me and Dev were waiting at the airport to pick up his brother, Aagam. I kept looking at my watch to pass the time.

"Bro!!" I heard someone say running to Dev and hugging him.

I'm guessing this was Aagam.

"Oh so this is my to be bhabi (sister-in-law)." He said.

I smiled at him and we shook hands.

"Bro I met the hottest girl on the plane!" Aagam started.

For the whole ride Aagam kept talking about the girl, he seemed like a womanizer. Not anything like Dev.

Natashas P.O.V:

I knocked on the door two for four times and still no one opened the door. Finally, the guy opened the door.

"Yes?" He said.

"I'm Natasha, Devs friend. Devs mom wanted Sandhya to have this dress for the sangeet." I said.

"Oh hi. I'm Jai. Come in." He said letting me in.

He took the dress from me and placed it on the coffee table.

"Umm...can I use the restroom?" I asked.

"Yea of course. Down the hall."

I went down, I started looking for Sandhyas room hoping she would have some secret.
I found the first room and went in making sure Jai wasn't looking. I started opening the drawers rapidly and my eyes went to the picture on the wall.

This wasn't Sandhyas room but why do I recognize this face? Natasha come on!! Think!!

There was a big picture above the bed or a painting? I wasn't sure but it was girls picture and I recognized this so much!!

Then it hit me! This was Akira, Devs ex-girlfriend. She is the reason Dev wasn't mine after their break up. Dev was devastated after she dumped him, she said she dated him only for his money or something.

Why was Sandhya living with her? Did they have a plan to take all of Devs money? I looked around some more and found a diary under a pillow. I put it in my bag and left the room.

"Thanks for everything Jai. See you at the sangeet!" I said.

"Sangeet is only for girls." He said.

"Then see you at the wedding!!" I said hurrying out.

Akiras P.O.V:

I came home to find Jai eating his food and then a lenegha on the coffee table.

"Whose is that?" I asked.

"Sandhya. Natasha dropped it here." Jai said.

"Natasha? She dropped it here!!" I said frustrated.

"Yea."

That Natasha was here!! She was obsessed with Dev! When me and Dev were dating she used to torture me. She hasn't done anything to Sandhya yet but I know she will do anything to stop this wedding.

I went to my room and saw my stuff was messed up. The drawers were open my bed was a mess, my pillow was out of its place, and worst of all I couldn't find my diary anywhere!!

I panicked, that diary had everything of mine!! All those memories!! I'm pretty sure Natasha took it!

"Jai!!" I yelled.

He came running to me.

"What?!?"

"Why did you let Natasha snoop in my room!! She stole my diary!!" I yelled.

"I didn't let her snoop around!! She must have came in here when she said she was going to the restroom." Jai explained.

"Jai that diary has everything!! Natasha has already found out that Sandhya is staying with me!! She will tell Dev and then Sandhya will find out about me and Dev!!" I said.

"Everything will work out." Jai said.

"What's happening?" Sandhya asked coming out of no where.

"Natasha stole my diary!!" I said.

"How?"

"She was dropping of your lenegha and she went in your room and I left my diary in there and she must have thought it was yours so she took it!!" I said lying about the last part.

"Don't worry I will tell Dev!" Sandhya said.

That was the least I wanted, "no!! Then I will never get my diary back! Sandhya please just steal it back from Natasha!!"

"But how?" Sandhya asked.

"I have a plan." Jai said.

Jai told us his plan that would get my diary back on the sangeet day.

(A day later)

It was finally the time to get my diary back!! Since there were no boys in the sangeet, Dev would never meet me. I took a deep breath and drove to Sandhyas sangeet.

It was at Devs house but I knew if I went inside that I would see Devs mom and Sanjana and they would surely recognize me.

I put a dupatta (scarf) over my head so it would cover my face. Jais plan was stupid because I didn't know where to look for the dam diary!!

I got out of my car and blended in with the people walking inside. I saw Devs dad greeting guests. I got as far away from him but when I entered Devs house I felt a sudden breeze that stopped time. Before stepping in I looked around and saw Dev with Sandhya. Why was he here?

I totally had forgotten that the Mehras were not old fashioned so there would be boys at this sangeet.

I pulled the dupatta (scarf) to cover my face more.

I silently went upstairs without catching anyone's attention. Sandhya was helping me keep everyone distracted by dancing with Dev.

I knew Natasha would be staying here so I decided to look in her room to find my diary. I looked around but my diary was no where to be seen.

"I was expecting you."

Authors Note:

I know Aagams entry wasn't grand but that's fine because I'm really really tired!! I hope you guys liked this chapter!!

Who do you think is expecting Akira?

Will Dev see Akira?

Will Akira get caught?

What will happen next?

Question of the day:

Who is your favorite character in this book?