Chapter 23

Akiras P.O.V:

"I was expecting you." Someone said.

I turned around and saw Natasha. She shook her head and handed me my diary.

"Don't worry I didn't read your personal stuff." She said.

She had a great chance to expose me but she didn't.

"Kyun? (Why?)" I asked.

"Because...I was confused. I mean you dated Dev for his money then why are you helping him? It's been two years Akira. Why are you doing all this?" She asked.

"Sandhya is my friend and I want her happiness." I said.

"Nonsense!! You are feeling guilty! That's why you are doing all this. Poor Dev and Sandhya don't even know that their relationship is because of your guilt." Natasha said.

"That's not true." I denied.

"You can't fool me Akira. I mean if it's not true then go down right now and tell Dev the truth. Tell him you were the one to set him up with Sandhya." Natasha said challenging me.

She sat on the bed and crossed her legs giving me a intimidating look.

"Natasha I will not do that. I know what you are trying to do. You know very well that if Dev finds out I set Sandhya with him then he will not marry her." I explained.

"Yea. But what if Sandhya were to find out?" Natasha said smirking.

"Natasha please. Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Because I love Dev. Akira but I will be fair, I will not tell Sandhya anything but this wedding will not happen." Natasha said getting up.

I put my diary in the bag I bought and shook my head.

"Do whatever you want, but Natasha this wedding will happen." I said.

"Oh my god." Natasha said looking at me.

"What?"

"You still love him." She said.

"If I did then why would I let him marry Sandhya?" I asked.

"Haven't you heard the saying 'if you love someone let them go?'" Natasha said.

I turned around and left the room bumping into someone.

"Hey cutie." He said.

I looked my and saw some guy.

"Excuse me?"

"My name is Aagam. Have we met before?" He asked.

This was Devs brother I had never met him but Dev once told me about him.

"No we haven't." I said trying to leave.

Aagam stopped me.

"Phone number?" He asked.

I shoved him aside and went downstairs. I covered my face with the dupatta (scarf) and tried heading out. Everyone was slow dancing and were in my way. I went in between that and tried hiding my face more.

I tripped over someone's foot and fell into someone's arms. The dupatta was still on my face. He helped me stand straight.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

It was Dev, I recognized that voice. I hadn't seen him in 2 years. I hadn't touched him in 2 years. I didn't hear his voice in 2 years.

All the memories got out and tears filled my eyes and ran from there and to my car. My dupatta fell outside the house but I quickly drove away.