Chapter 10

Devs P.O.V:

"A bride?!?!!? Dadaji (grandfather) this is insane!!" I said.

"Well maybe giving you all this property is insane!!!" My grandfather said sitting back on the couch and crossing his arms. Sometimes he acted like a child!

"Where am I supposed to find a bride?!" I asked.

"I don't know but I want you to get married before I die!! And that's it!! Until you find a wife you won't even get a piece of this property!!" He answered.

I looked at my mother for help but she shrugged, "Fine I will look for a bride."

I left to my room but I knew someone was following me, it was my mom.

"You know who will be perfect?" My mom said coming after me into my room.

Great. This was my moms moment, all her life she had been waiting for this. I knew exactly who she was going to say.

"Mom stop it! Just go please!" I said.

"Dev don't speak to your mother like that! I know the perfect bride for you!!" My dad said coming out of nowhere.

My mom and dad were totally different they had different brides in their minds. My mom had a girl whose name I didn't even want to hear! And my dad had a girl in his mind who I really didn't care about.

"Natasha Singhania is perfect for you!!" My dad said going backing and fourth.

"I know dad. We had this conversation a billion times and I will think about it but for know can the two of you just please go?" I asked politely.

They both left and I sighed in peace. Parents I tell you!

Authors P.O.V:

It was the next day and Sandhya was getting ready for a her day in the office.

"You aren't going to hang on a skyscraper again?" Sandhya asked chuckling.

"No..." Akira said.

"So what is Sandhya supposed to do now? Like ask him out or something?" Mahira asked flipping through her magazine.

"She needs to hurry up and go to the office and stuff will happen!" Akira said.

"Stuff? How will stuff happen?" Sandhya asked.

"Just go!!" Akira whined.

Sandhya got her bag and said bye to Akira and Mahira.

Sandhyas P.O.V:

I reached Devs office and put my bag on his couch. It was a nice black couch perfect for a billionaires office.

"Good morning!" Dev said coming in.

"Good morning! Here's your coffee!" I said.

"Thanks." He said.

Dev looked sad or tensed.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Who are you to ask me?" Dev asked.

"Well we could be friends?" I said.

"No thanks I don't want friends!" Dev said.

"Oh come on!! Or for the rest of your life you will ask me hum apke hain kyun? (What am I to you?)" I said being funny.

Dev chuckled and smiled.

"Fine. Friends." He said taking a seat.

"So what's all the frustration about?" I asked again.

"Nothing yesterday my grandfather announced me as the owner of the Mehra business." Dev said.

"Congrats!! Why are you sad!?" I asked.

"I have to find a bride..." Dev answered.

Shock hit me, what would I do know?!?

"Excuse me I have to go to the bathroom!!" I said running to the bathroom.

I went in the stall and called Akira.

"Akira there is a big problem!" I said.

"What?"

I explained to her what Dev told me.

"A bride?" Akira said shocked.

"What will I do now?" I asked.

"We have to make you his bride!" Akira said.

"Are you crazy!? I barely know him!!" I said.

"Well then forget about it!" Akira said.

I couldn't forget about Dev, I really loved him but I didn't even know if he was marriage material or not! How could I marry him!

"Sandhya...close your eyes and see whose face you see." Akira said giving me advice.

I closed my eyes and saw Dev saving me from the glass.

"I saw Dev." I said.

"Good. Now listen to me very carefully." Akira said.

We finished out talk and I went back to Devs office.

"Dev will you go on a date?" I asked.

I stood there in fear and was frozen I didn't know what to do, Akira was crazy! I should've never listened to her.

"What?!?" Dev said.

"Nothing." I said regretting what I said.

I was about to go out but Dev stopped me.
He moved closer to me and closed the office door and put me against the wall and locked me with his arms.

"You want to go on a date?" He said.

"Ahh...no..." I said looking the other way.

"But you just asked me." He said coming closer.

"I did? I don't remember!" I panicked.

He smiled and our eyes got locked. I got shivers down my spine. This was the first I actually felt the love for Dev.

"I hope I see you at the park at 8pm tonight." Dev said backing away and leaving the office.

I finally took a breath and smiled. I couldn't believe he actually agreed!! I jumped in excitement and covered my face with my hands because I was blushing.

Authors Note:

So how did you like it?!? I added a little bit of romance!! I thought why not??

I am making a goal as I do for every book. This time I want to reach 200 votes!! So I will work harder to reach my goal and keep adding a lot of romance!! Stay tuned because there are a lot of twists and drama coming in this book!

Also who should play Natasha? Comment down below and tell me! I will tell you in the next chapter!!