Chapter 20

Sandhyas P.O.V:

"My dad? What is he doing there?" I asked.

"Talking about the wedding..." Dev said confused.

He totally didn't know that I clearly don't like my dad.

"How did he find out?" I asked.

"You didn't tell him?" Dev asked.

"No. But I know who did. I will talk to you later." I said hanging up.

"Akira!!" I yelled.

"What?!? Who died!!?" Akira said looking around me.

"No one but someone is about to." I said.

"Jai?"

"No you!!" I said.

"Why?"

"Because you told my dad!! I was going to call him on the last minute!! But you messed everything up! Now he will be pushing his ideas in this wedding!" I complained.

"What......I didn't call him!!" Akira fibbed emphasizing on what.

"Akira don't lie to me!" I warned.

"Okay fine. I called him! He is your dad!! Whatever he did I think you can forgive him." Akira said.

"I don't think I can forgive him for leaving me and my sisters when we needed him the most..." I said softly. Tears were filling my eyes but I held them back in.

"What happened?" Akira asked.

"He left right when my mom died. He said he didn't want to take care of me and my sisters alone. We ended up going to a foster home. Then suddenly he comes 5 years later trying to become a father!! My sister forgave him but I didn't and I will never!! That's why I don't stay in contact with my family." I explained.

Akira hugged me tightly and I hugged back I felt she was the only family I have. She had done so much for me, she was hanging from a skyscraper for me!!

Devs P.O.V:

Sandhya did not sound appreciative on the phone, her dad was talking to my dad and dadaji (grandfather). I shook my head and went to them.

"What did Sandhya say?" Her father asked.

"Mr-"

"Nonsense! Don't call me Mr blah blah! I have a name and it is Sam." He said interrupting me.

"Or he could just call you dad!" My grandfather joked.

"Sam...um...ah...I told Sandhya that you were here...I don't know if she is coming or not." I said awkwardly.

"I'm not surprised. Sandhya is the most stubborn out of all my daughters!" Sam said laughing.

"So where should the wedding take place?" My dad asked Sam.

"I'm Sandhyas dad but I don't think she wants me to be a part of this wedding. I think she wants me present but you guys do the preparations and I'll show up in the wedding day." Sam said in vain.

"You should be a part of this wedding I'm sure Sandhya will understand." I said. I really felt sorry for him and I believed in forgiving.

Akiras P.O.V:

I opened my photo album and smiled looking at me and Mahiras childhood pictures. I flipped to the next page and saw my college pictures. Then came the moments when I met Jai, he was the best person I met aside from me.
I looked at the end and my smile faded. It was Dev and my pictures. I slowly took all of them out and put them in my drawer. I picked up diary and wrote about Sandhya and Devs wedding and smiled.

Jais P.O.V:

I stared at the moon, I did this every night hoping for a star to fall. I know it's New York and there are a billion girls out there, but I always looked for my girl. I always wondered where she was. How do I know when she is there? Like SRK said, "Mein uss ladki ko kaise pehchanuga jo mere liye bani hai? Kya wo mere nam ka board lekar khadi hogi?"

I feel like this dialogue just revolves around my life, there was a time I fell in love. It was my first time and I sometimes doubt that it maybe be my last.

***flashback***

I had met this beautiful girl a few days ago and instantly knew she was the one. I had planned out this whole dinner and surprise for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she said no, I'm a nerd who wears glasses and new in New York. She is the best friend ever, I really don't want to ruin this friendship but for my love I will take the risk.

I had set up a dinner table and balloons, candles, and all roses to surprise my dream girl. It was set up exactly the way I wanted it to be. I called her to come.

"Where are you? The food is getting cold." I said. She had no idea that there was more then just food.

"I'm sorry Jai, I'm meeting my boyfriends sister and we are having dinner. I should've called earlier but it slipped out of my mind I hope you didn't make anything special!" She said. I had no idea she had a boyfriend!

"No. Just microwave food. Have a good time." I said lying about the food.

I had made the dinner. I pulled a chair and sat alone. It was like I was on a date with myself. Slowly eating my food I thought that I was wrong, maybe my love was wrong. Or maybe this was the perfect girl but she was with someone else. Whatever it was there was a reason I didn't have her.

Authors Note:

Hey guys!! Hope you are having/ or will have a great day!! I hope this chapter wasn't long or boring.

Also thanks dancelover_7564 for helping me the SRK dialogue. I had totally forgotten who it was by!!

Also I wanted to remind you that the flashbacks are not in a timeline form, which basically means not in order. They are just any time period during the characters life.

Jai has a flashback too?!? Woah!! Did you expect that?! Who was the "she" in his flashback? You guys usually guess it so let's see if you get it this time.

Question of the day:

What's your favorite Hindi serial? I know you guys probably have too many but just your all time favorite tv show.