Chapter 16

Sandhyas P.O.V:

"Dev I don't think there is anyway to change anything." I said.

"Sandhya, there is a way." Dev said.

"What?" I asked.

"Will you marry me?" Dev asked.

I felt my heart pump faster then ever, Dev barely knew me!!

"You barely know me!!" I said shocked.

"We have got a lifetime to know each other." Dev said.

Akira didn't tell me anything about this!! What should I say!! Just then my phone rang and I quickly picked it hoping it was Akira.

"Sandhaya? What do you want for dinner?" Akira asked.

A guy was proposing to me and Akira was worried about food!!! I looked at Dev who was looking in suspicion.

"Yes." I said.

"Yes what?" Akira said through the phone.

"I will marry you." I said to Dev.

"I'm flattered but I think you should marry Dev." Akira said.

I hung up the phone and looked at Dev and smiled. I went to him and hugged him tightly, "I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Dev said.

I helped him get up and we walked to the living where Devs family was waiting. I looked at Sanjana who was giving me a thumbs up, so this was all planned by Dev and her!

"So you are the lucky bride?" Devs grandfather said coming to me.

I smiled and nodded. Devs mom came up to me kissed my forehead.

"You are beautiful. Dev has chose the right woman." Her mom said.

I hugged her, I never had a mother in my life and she made me feel welcomed. Tears were filing my eyes but I made them go away.

"The wedding should happen as soon as possible!! I'm an old man!" Devs grandfather said.

"How quick?" I asked.

"2 weeks!!" Devs grandfather answered.

Dev smiled but I stood in shock that was quick!! I totally forgot about Mahira!! I wanted her to be present in my wedding!!

Devs family left with me, Sanjana, Dev, and Natasha in the room,

"Sandhya we have to start with preparations I think you should go shopping with Natasha and Sanjana to shop for your wedding outfits." Dev suggested.

"Dev if you don't mind can I shop with my friend? She is the whole reason this is happening!" I said.

"I don't mind at all." Dev said leaving with Sanjana.

"You know I have met girls like you! Marrying people for their money!!" Natasha said circling me like some detective.

"I love Dev!" I said.

"Whatever. Just know that I'm looking out! With me around Dev will never marry you!!" Natasha smirked leaving.

I rolled my eyes and left for the apartment.

Akiras P.O.V:

"Jai I think Sandhya is in love with me! She proposed to me over the phone!!" I said.

"What a stupid way to propose to someone!" Jai said flipping through his magazine.

"Guys!!!!" Sandhya said barging in.

"This world has run out of manners!" Jai teased.

"Shut up Jai! Akira!!! Our mission has been completed!!!!! Dev proposed to me!!!" Sandhya said making me spit my coffee out.

"What?!? How?!? When?!?" I asked.

"Just a few minutes before you called!! I would've told you over the phone but that would be weird!! I said yes." Sandhya said.

I got up and hugged her tightly, this love story had an amazing end to it!!

"I'm so happy!! I can't believe this!!" I said.

"Isn't this happening too fast?" Jai asked.

"Shut up Jai!!" Me and Sandhya yelled in unison.

"I'm going to go see Mahira. I think bad time have come!" Jai said leaving.

"There is two problems." Sandhya said.

"What?"

"One I want Mahira to attend because the wedding is in 2 weeks!! Two there is Natasha. I think she is jealous of me." Sandhya said.

"Sandhya Mahira would understand and second no one can get between love not even Natasha."

Sandhya nodded and went in her room. I went to my coffee café I haven't been there in a while.

"Akira!! Here you are!! I thought you were dead!!" The owner of the café, Julie, said.

"No Julie not this quick!!" I said sitting down.

Julie brought my decaf coffee and I thought again.

***flashback***

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

"Marry you?" I chuckled.

"What's so funny?" He asked curiously.

"I wouldn't marry such an egoistic man!! Are you crazy!! The only reason I have been dating you is for your money!!" I said laughing.

"What?" He said in vain.

"You are a stupid nerd!! I will never ever marry you!! I can't believe you would even think that!!" I yelled.

He got of his knees and closed the box with the ring, "why don't you become a big man?" I asked.

He walked away with his head down but turned around after a few seconds.

"You will see Akira Kapoor!! I will become a big man!! I loved you and you betrayed me!!! You fell in 'love' with me for money!! You are disgusting!! I, Dev Mehra, will show you someday!!!!"