Chapter 17

Jais P.O.V:

I went to the hospital and inside Mahiras room. I pulled a seat next to her, if I had only stopped her from getting into the taxi then this wouldn't have happened. I held her hand and I couldn't doge the feeling that this was all my fault.
I looked at Mahira again whose mouth started moving.

"Mahira? Are you awake?" I asked.

"Jai?" Mahira answered.

I pushed the nurse button but remained calm, I didn't want Mahira to be startled.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"What happened? Where am I?" Mahira questioned.

"You got into an accident and you are in a hospital right now. Don't worry you are fine now, you were just in a coma." I answered.

The doctor came in and did a check up on Mahira as I called Akira. I told her to come by the hospital and that Mahira was awake. Akira was really happy and said she would be here as quick as possible.

"Jai? I'm sorry." Mahira said when the doctor left.

"Why?"

"Because I got mad at you for driving the car too fast." Mahira said.

"Please don't be sorry this is all my fault!!" I said.

Mahira shook her head and tears fell down her eyes as Akira came in and hugged her tightly.

"Never ever do this again!!" Akira warned.

"I'm gonna go talk to the doctor and see what we should do next." Akira said leaving.

"I should go too. You should rest." I said about to leave but Mahira stopped me by my arm.

"Jai there is something I need to tell you."
Mahira said.

"What?"

"I love you..." Mahira said shocking me.

I couldn't move, the truth was I never thought of Mahira in a way.

"Mahira I'm sorry...I always thought of us as friends. I don't love you Mahira. I hope you understand." I said making Mahira let go of me.

"Jai it's fine. I understand. Friends are better." Mahira said with a smile.

I kissed her forehead and left the hospital.

Sandhyas P.O.V:

I got a call from Akira saying Mahira had woken up from the coma. I was really happy but I couldn't see her as I was stuck with Dev selecting a wedding venue. Akira said that Mahira would be coming home in the afternoon so I would just see her there.

"What about this one?" Dev asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Ummm....nope." I said.

"Wow you are straight forward." Dev said.

"Yes I am. Let's go see this traditional elegant wedding venue." I said giving the driver the address.

"Traditional?" Dev said surprised.

"Dev this is a Indian wedding it has to be traditional!! I'm pretty sure you have bossy aunts on your side too who judge everything and everyone. I don't like those aunts so I want to show them that I can be traditional too!!" I said in anger just thinking about my stupid bossy aunts brought me anger.

"This sounds like a personal battle. You never got along with your family?" Dev asked.

"No they are all judge mental people!! God even my cousins don't spare me with judgements!!! It's irritating because they think they are soooooo pretty!! They never thought I would marry someone because I was ugly but in their face I'm getting married before any of them!!!" I said proud.

Dev chuckled, "I think you are very pretty."

"I know." I said teasing him.

"Girls just can't take compliments!" Dev argued.

We stopped by the wedding venue I chose.

"Oh my god!! Dev!! It's perfe-"

"No." Dev said making the driver go.

"Dev!! That was perfect!!" I said aggravated.

"I'm a pretty straight forward person also."

We both burst into laughter and went looking for the other venue.

Akiras P.O.V:

I helped Mahira out of the car and brought her home.

"It feels awesome to be back home!!" Mahira said laying down in her bed.

"I would hope so!!" I said.

I went in the kitchen and saw a note by Jai.

Dear Akira,

Sorry to tell you but I have decided to move. I know I know this sounds stupid but my company finally gave me an apartment to stay in. I think it's getting to crowded at your place. Plus Sandhya is getting married soon and all you girls are going to be talking about girly stuff. This is for the best.

P.S this is Jai.

I closed the note, "idiot"