Acceptance.

I woke up that morning with a headache, it wasn't a little one, it was a full on migraine, as if something was punching the inside of my head to get out.
I splashed my face with cold water, hoping it would get better, then I left for breakfast. All of the gladers were eating toast, without butter, just thick slices of brown toast. I finished mine quite quickly. I looked around to find Minho, but I guess he'd already left into the maze. I wanted to see if he wanted me as a runner.
"Y'alright, Greenie?" Newt came up to me, he had a hoe in his hands, "Zart and I have thought about it, and we want you to be a track-hoe." He smiled.
No. I thought. I wanted to be a runner.
"No! Please, Newt. I want to be a runner, just wait a day or two until Minho decides, please, give me a chance!" I scream.
"Woah, alright, okay." He says dropping the hoe and putting his hands up in mercy.
"Haha, sorry. You can drop the hands, I'm not going to kill you!" I giggle.
"I'm not so sure you wouldn't." Winston laughs from across the table.
I want to be a runner, and was determined to be.

I spent most of the day helping Chuck, we cleaned some gladers clothes and washed dishes for Frypan. As I heard the maze gates closing, I ran to find Minho.
"BYE THEN!" Chuck yelled after me. I saw Newt first.
"Newt where's Minho?" I ask.
"Ooh, what's the rush? You've been pretty keen to see him lately." Newt giggled.
"Shut up, shuck face! I need to ask him about me being a runner!" I spit back at him, though it didn't really bother me.
"Okay, okay. I think he might be back in the map room." Newt said calmly and pointed in the direction of it.
"Thanks." I say and before he can say "you're welcome." I darted off.

I knocked on the door again, and waited. Minho answered a few seconds later.
"Oh it's you. What do you want?" He says folding his arms, his big muscly arms.
"Oh! I just wanted to ask you if you'd considered me to be a runner?" I asked.
"Oh...I don't know...Haven't really though about it."
"WHAT?! ugh. I've waited all this time and you don't even know!" I yell.
"GEEZ, OKAY OKAY." He backs away.
"Sorry...I just really want to be a runner." I stare off into the distance.
"Um...I guess." He says.
"What?"
"I said I guess you can be a runner." He looks at me.
"OH MY SHUCK! THANK YOU, MINHO!" I throw my arms around his neck. He's quite a bit taller than me so I have to stand on my tiptoes. I look up at him, and he's blushing quite madly.
"That's okay. Now get out of here, Greenie." He says quietly and I dash off excitedly.
"Thank you!" I beam at him, and he blushes again.