Bonfire

We run back to the glade after a few hours, to help in the preparation of the bonfire. Minho and I start on mapping in the map room.
"So how did you like your first day?" He smiles, drawing out our section.
"It was good. I think I could get use to it." I say, even though I felt like I was going to collapse at any moment.
"You're quite good, for a girl." He smiles. He knows how I hate sexism.
"And you're quite good for a sassy, little brat." I say.
He raises his eyebrow.
"A brat?"
"Oh, sorry, I meant shank." I giggle.

(Time skip to the bonfire)

It's evening, the bonfire is lit, it's huge, big orange flames enveloping the wood.
"Hello, (y/n)." Newt comes over to me, and sits next to me. He has a bottle of something orange in his hand.
"Hi, Newt. You okay?" I ask him. He looks a little tired, but not as drunk as most of the other gladers.
"I'm great." He says, swigging from the bottle. "Can I ask you a question?"
"Umm...sure." I say.
"Who do you like in here? Like who do you think is hot?" He says cheerfully.
"Minho asked me the exact same question today." I tell him, and he wiggles his eyebrows.
"Shut up, shuck face." I nudge his shoulder.
"Okay, though seriously. Who? You can trust me, I won't tell. I'll be a good friend." He inches in closer, as if to say "just whisper"
"Okay, but you have to promise you won't tell a soul." I say, reaching out my hand for him to shake on it, he does.
"I promise." He says, quite loudly.
"Okay, it's umm...Minho."

How did you like this chapter? Thank you so much for reading!!!
I would love it if you could comment or vote?? Maybe idk. Sorry if this chapter is a little shorter than the others.
Bye for now.
Maia xxx