Chapter 21

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly the way it sounds."

I surpressed an eye roll and leaned back on the couch. "What do we do now?"

"Well we need to get on that list ASAP and he's bound to go on it so..we wait till he does."

"Sort of like a stakeout." I said looking at him.

"Yeah,a stakeout." Niall smiled and took the computer under his control. He typed something unknown to me then rested on the couch next to me, our arms nearly brushing.

I took my phone from my back pocket and said, "I know you won't tell me what's your second agenda but can you tell me about the memory you wanted me to remember?"

"Why now do you want to know?"

"You said its connected to your agenda,I want to know what your agenda is."

"I told you,you will. Just not today."

I turned my head to the side."I'm not known for patience."

"I'll keep that in mind and like I told you before,"he turned his head to look at me causing our faces to be unnecessarily close "You not gonna find anything unless I want it to be found."

I resisted the shiver that ran up my spine when his breath fanned my face. I faced forward back to my phone and saw no new messages,I turned the phone off and rested my head back,closing my eyes. I enjoyed the quiet conversations and arguments and AC waiting for Koby when Niall said,"When Zayn left the tour I didn't think much of it. Just another person who didn't appreciate what I did to minimize the rebellion...then I started thinking about you. What I would do when we got back. At that time you were no longer in need of help because you were everything I always wanted to accomplish everytime I tried to help the many women like yourself."

I opened my eyes but didn't face him as he continued.

"No one around you liked the new you. I on the other hand thought it was...like a dream come true. I started thinking that since you no longer needed my help I had to do something within that year that involved you,I don't know how but while doing so I thought of the memories of your remarks and short temper towards Harry. Your daring side and liking to live on edge,not taking permission to be you."

I looked at Niall and saw a grin. "It took me the rest of the tour to realize that I would miss your rebellion. Your continuous rejection just to prove that..." His sentence trailed off as his smile slowly disappeared.

"What were you gonna say?"

Niall was silent for a while making me even more eager to know what he was talking about. "That you won't make the same mistake your parents made."

He turned and looked at me and I narrowed my eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"Your parents died cause their friends betrayed them. You show that you don't mind affection,a deep relationship with anyone but mentally you built a wall to specifically prevent anyone from getting as close to you as your parents were to their friends. You don't want someone to get close enough to you that it hurts more than it should when they betray you."

"So what,you think that's why I always fought back with you? So you wouldn't hurt me in the end? We weren't friends Niall. This situation doesn't require for us,never has."

"There it goes again." He smiled as he again looked in and past my eyes.

"And how can you make a comparison with me and my parents? You just made that up from the top of your head."

"Really? Have you ever told Jason you loved him?"

I thought back and tried to find a time cause I was sure there was one.