Chapter 36

"I asked you to give me the remote." He said in between laughs.

I never heard him laugh before. Snicker? Chuckle? Snort? Yes. But right out laugh? No. It was different.

We heard running in the halls then something hit the borders around the door, Niall and I looked up and Zayn looked at us then asked. "Aria are you alright?"

"She's fine." Niall expressed through a clenched jaw.

I looked back down at Niall and quirked an eyebrow. "Why the sudden mood changes?"

I rose up a bit then looked at the two. "Is there something wrong between the two of you and that's why your giving each other the cold shoulder?"

Niall hands slid down my hips and shifted to fit my thighs, then he looked at Zayn. "Go ahead and tell her Zayn,tell her why I'm acting towards you the way that I am."

He looked down at Niall and stumbled over his thoughts when I gathered mine. "I almost forgot."

I used Niall as support and stood up from the ground then I jogged out and into the living room,I looked at everybody then asked since I didn't see Zachary. "Does anyone know if Zach got back yet?"

Louis looked up from his container of noodles and pointed at me with his chopsticks. "You asked just in time."

I didn't catch what that meant until arms wrapped around me and lifted me off the floor,as you know I can't stand being picked up, conscious about my weight so I assaulted whoever was behind me by kicking my feet. They dropped me back on my feet then I spun around and saw Zachary,he smiled at me which seemed weird considering he just got in the door but he did surprise me with a urgent kiss. When we had our own space again my eyebrows shot up and I made a half smile, "You seem in a good mood."

"I am indeed,I'm happy to see you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and swayed us back and forth. I held onto his wrist to keep my balance as I said, "I'm happy to see you too."

His smile got bigger as he continued to look at me intently,intensely,immensely as if I was going to disappear any second.

"I have to talk to you." He said before pulling me off to the room. I closed the door behind us then sat next to him on the bed,he handed me his phone then stood up and rummaged through the closet.

"Brandon and Penelope would like to check in on you. To see how your doing. . .well they see it mandatory that they talk to you."

I looked at his phone. "Why?"

"They want to make sure that I haven't hurt you or as he puts it 'messed up the good I have going for me'."

I snorted then lifted the phone and looked at him, "So they want me to call them,now?"

He turned around and walked over to me and said as he unlocked his phone, "They're are actually already on the phone,been on since I left. Just hit the mute button."

He walked back and I pressed the button and pressed the cool metal to my ear. "Hello?"

There was ruffling and panting or breathing then, "Is this Aria?"

"That would be correct."

"My god Aria! I almost haven't recognized your voice."

It was Penelope."I don't know if I should thank or scold you for saying that." I chuckled as I looked at Zachary and he glanced at me.

"You sound. . .happier,more upbeat. And you didn't sound like that before."

A blushing smile creases on my face and I bite on the tip of my pinky,couldn't help referring back to Niall.

"Well it must be cause we haven't talked in a while,because I always sound like this. So how is everything since the ball?"

"The norm,cleaning after Zachary and his cousin. How has he been treating you by the way? And I mean seriously."

"Uh," I stopped and looked at him. His back was towards me,in the closets then in the midst he had began to change. "All is well."

"Are you sure? You don't sound sure." She pushed.

I thought back to Niall,getting butterflies in my stomach whenever our blue and brown eyes mix, and how I'm never able to sit still in my seat when he holds my stare. Those blue eyes clouded my thoughts and I actually let them,let them burst through the building wall sending me back to square one.

"Aria,I'm asking you this specific question because I want to know how your doing about all of this. I told you,you can't bottle up so much stuff. I care about you and if there's something wrong,you can tell me."

My fingers began to play with the end of my shirt (the thing Zach seems to do) as I slowly smiled,but it wasn't at what Penelope said. It was because of Niall,the last person I'd thought to make me feel the way I am.

"I'm sure Penelope. I've never been happier."

Me and Penelope talked after that for about 45 minutes,eating up Zachary's battery. He wanted me off the phone long ago,saying that they were asking too many questions but considering how I'm still talking to them,his plan didn't go well so he decided on a shower. I,currently,am on the floor,leaning on the bed as Pene handed the phone to Brandon. When he finally had the phone he didn't speak right away.

"Aria,the most wanted woman right now."

I laughed at his greeting then responded, "Hello Brandon,favorite and only relative of Zachary's that I heard of so far."

"Yeah,I'm the best. No need to tell me something I already know. And I am officially the only relative that that man has left,more reason for me to make sure he doesn't die sad and alone. Which brings me to you,how is he? Is he treating treating you okay?"

I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped a arm around them to keep them secure. I sighed a tiring sigh, "Yes Brandon,Pene asked me the same thing. Everything is fine between me and Zachary."

"Yeah I know what she asked you but my questions aren't entirely revolved around him."

I really didn't know how to answer that but something was telling me that,I wasn't about to like this phone call anymore.

"What I'm about to ask you might seem unordinary but it's something I have to ask," there's proof of my theory "Is--Was there anything between you and Niall? Before you met Zach?"

My shoulders straightened like a table as well as my back. What a freaking out of the blue question! Why would he ask me that? Does he suspect something. .does Zachary?! Calm down Aria,he's talking about the past. Not right now. . .*sigh* okay.

"What do you mean?"

"Anything in general,really. We noticed that you and him acted strange,well not strange but. .magnetic towards each other before we took you to the mansion."

I gulped and started freaking out inside again,the people in my life notice to much to be humans.

"Magnetic?"

"In sync. Like he would do something and you immediately knew how to respond to it. Binded or synced,whatever word it is." I heard a shrug.

We haven't acted magnetic. Right? And the first time we ever moved in sync was this morning. I know he's talking about when Niall was. .rough handling but binded? And synced? I'm not so sure,and I couldn't stop the fluttering feeling thought that someone already noticed before I did that me and Niall was already attached.

"N--. . Nothing happened between me and anyone at that house,me and Niall were just really good friends." Weakest lie I ever told.

"Niall?!"

I jumped out of my skin and turned to see Zachary,with anger creeping over his face.

*************

Till the next episode!?

Just a filler,and i know it must be boring.

ENJOY!?