Chapter 45

It was loud and very dusted. I couldn't tell if I was breathing and I couldn't tell if it was tears of sadness in my eyes or just the sawdust, once again my ears went hallow as Niall's knees hit the floor and the gun fell from his hand.

I was now sure I was screaming.

I stood on my feet, ready to run past the ammo flying through the air. I scraped my knees when I slipped and slid on my knees when I got to his body, I ignored the sting and the probable glass in my skin and just crawled towards Niall. His eyes were still open and they immediately looked in mine when I kneeled beside him, his eyes still looked full of life and blue as ever. I was sure it wasn't the dust but actual tears this time when I saw blood soak his shirt. He tried to speak when I grabbed the collar of his shirt and popped the buttons off as I tore it open, my eyes only paid attention to his shoulder and my eyebrows furrowed. There wasn't a bullet.

My fingers grazed it as I brought my face closer and looked at the silver circular ball in his chest. I knew this ammo all to well because I used it instead of bullets; this was a tranquilizer.

"They're taking you." I whispered to myself just when he managed to speak out.

"R-Run, Aria." Niall sounded out of breath as the medicine took its toll and the back of his head hit the floor.

"Run Aria."

I will not let them take him.

I stumbled to my feet still ignoring the sting when the front door burst off its hinges and fell flat on the ground and who stood. . . on the other side was Bradley. He looked at me and gave me a sly grin before speaking to I guess the cream colored man dressed in black next to her.

"Get her."

And I only assumed it was to the man because the guy sprung into action at that command. I took off down the hall into Zachary's room, I put both hands on the door to close it but a foot stopped me then soon after a body forced it open almost hitting me with the door. I ran further in the room, throwing lamps, perfume bottles and the remote at the man without looking back to see if it slowed him down. I got to the bedside stand where a gun hid before I stopped myself.

~|~|~

Zachary reached over to the nightstand to retrieve the Trojan package but when his hand returned to the heap of us both I yelped under him when I saw a hand gun in his hand.

"Ari calm down." He huskily chuckled.

"How can you mistake THAT for a small aluminum square!?" I asked, still panicked.

"It was on them, I had to move it aside."

"Why is it even in here?"

Zach looked st me with a quirked brow. "For protection? It has to be close by."

"Why near the bed? And on my side!" I scrunched my forehead at him.

He looked at the lines then smirked. "Where then darling, would you advise I put it?"

"I don't know. The bathroom maybe, but not here. You nearly killed me with it."

Again, he chuckled then placed it back in the stand, grabbing the right thing this time. "As you wish darling," he placed his lips over mine "It goes in the bathroom under the sink, first thing in the morning."

"Thank you." I replied before kissing his parted lips.

~|~|~|~

It's in the bathroom! I looked towards it across the bed and saw the guy standing there. Why did I have to tell Zachary to move the stupid gun?