Chapter 37

"Was that Zachary." Brandon asked.

I quickly added an "Mhm." Then Zach snatched the phone from me.

"No more questions. Have a good night you two." He yelled through the phone then ended the call,I sighed inwardly and ran a hand through my hair. I was a tad glad he needed the call,I rested back in the bed and tried to control my heart rate. Zachary walked around then squatted to my level,his peak green eyes studied me before asking.

"What were they talking to you about?"

I wasn't sure if I should lie or be truthful since it doesn't reveal anything major. But then again he know I'm lying anyway.

"He wanted to know if me and Niall was dating before we met you."

Zachary looked down and pulled his lip between his teeth,it peaked my interest so I slowly raised my head from leaning back and took the opportunity to read him since he wasn't looking at me at the moment. His eyes were moving fast like he was reading and his shoulders were tense. He was off about something,about something I just finished saying.

"What did you say?" He looked back at me "To answer Brandon's question,what did you say?"

He was off about me answering? Wait,he was off because he didn't know my answer! He doesn't know if I said no and it probably made him tense to think I said yes. Does that mean he's. . .jealous? Envious? He did try to kill Niall when they met but had his jealousness to think Niall was a threat carried with him through these 3 years and 4 months? My head went back to this morning at the letter and at what he said. I honestly would want nothing more than to give Zachary the affection he didn't have as a child but that would mean not liking Niall,not to feel exactly what Brandon said. .magnetic. I would have to completely discard his looks,personality,his both good and bad touch,our history. And that's something I don't think I can do,he crawled way to deep under my skin that I couldn't shake the daydreams even if I wanted too. I feel awful technically. . . cheating on Zachary but,how am I supposed to choose?

I brought myself back to the present to see Zachary still waiting for an answer and I gave the first answer that cane to mind.

"I said no. Because there wasn't anything,we were just very good friends." You can hate me if you want. But I'm not ready to let him go yet.

I forced against a cringe when I saw him relax drastically from his tense body language,one of those feather smiles appeared on his features then I said, "Why me?"

The typical stupid question that I hated hearing from the characters on my favorite shows. Yet here I am saying it.

"Why you?" Confusion caused that heart fluttering smile upside down.

"Are you asking why I chose you?" He asked further. Zach tried to read me again (hopefully failing) then to my shock he began chuckling. "I believe you asked me this question already."

My turn to frown. I don't remember that. "I have?"

He nodded, "You indeed have. But I have no problem in telling you again."

He stood back up taking my hands then me with him. I sat on my side of the bed,criss cross then he did the same on his side,across from me. I was just realizing that he had a towel around his neck and his hair was still dripping from his shower when he began talking.

"I. .guess. .it's better,worldwide,if I have you."

My eyes tracked from his hair to his eyes then replied with a "Huh?"

There goes that striking smile. "Like we've compared before,you are like my anchor. I say its better worldwide because--well the less crazy people the better right?"