Chapter 39

The house was actually as tall as an complex apartment building and had its paint,peeling off the walls. A steel door with no porch was trapped shut. The small lawn was brown grass and you saw horse flies swarming around the closed windows. . .it was just how I remembered it.

"Aria,what is this place?" Liam asked with minor panic.

I slowly began approaching the door when I quickly turned to them, "It's okay,trust me. Just make sure have your guns armed."

I spun back around retaking in my surroundings then when I was seconds away from the door I was roughly spun around by. . Niall.

"Make sure our guns are ready!? Where are we?" He asked with a tight jaw.

I sighed out happily then I tried to contain my excitement. "We are going to be fine,the armory is for just in case." I looked at the others then him in the eye "It's safe."

I turned around,standing in front of the door then began looking around. A few feet from the door was trash cans overfilled and it only made me smile at the unripped bags caused by raccoons--that means they were recently placed here. When I walked over there and took the spare key they hide under them,I unlocked the door and turned back to everyone.

"Ready?" My smile reached my eyes as I quirked a brow.

Louis and the rest sighed at my smile then brought their hands behind them,retrieving their gun. I first tested out the floor in front of the door with my heel and searched for a caving tile.

"What are you doing?" Harry whispered harshly.

"Looking for. ." I trialed off as my foot found and enacted the trap tile "The booby trap."

A confetti gun went above the door frame and an ambulance siren sounded throughout the apartment. The smile kept getting bigger as I motioned the guys to follow me inside,having not heard it in a while caused me to flinch when the pelleting of gunshots began. Completely unaware of where the sound came from,Louis and them ducked down and rested behind a wall while I looked down the halls to see which room they were in.

"Aria what are you doing!?" Zayn yelled.

I physically waved him off then followed my instincts down the left hall. There wasn't any gunshots. It was a distraction,sort of a threat to the intruder that wasn't welcomed. It's a CD that was behind the concrete wall next to the door and turns on when someone accidently walks on the booby trap,it was my idea for the caving tile. And it was the theirs for the CD behind the wall (wouldn't believe how we got it there) and the confetti. I haven't spoke to these guys in forever,they were like my drug. .my alcoholic beverage on legs--no joke. I always felt free and uncontrollable over my body when I was with them,they made me laugh, smile,cry,choke on my food. They were incredible and did a fantastic job at distracting me. I haven't seen them in three years and remembering our history and not believing that they still live here overwhelmed my emotions. Shouts erupted in the room that I was right outside of.

"Whoever you are,put your weapons down and come out with your hands in view and away from your body." I recognized that as Jackson, the eldest from the two. Three if we're counting me. My throat snickered and turned as everyone ran to the wall I was resting on,I guess they realized there wasn't any bullets.

"Come out with your hands above your head or we will shoot!"

No they won't. . Yes they will.

"I'm unarmed if that makes you feel any better." I yell above CD player.

They were silent for a while,a reason I had a hunch over.

"Who are you?" Jackson spoke again.

Naomi's hand suddenly gripped my wrist when I was beginning to go in the room. The action was a number of things; abrupt,unnecessary and had me angry instantly. When I broke out of her grip I stepped in the door frame smiling as I brought my hands above my head, "Long time no see boys."