Chapter 25

Today's the day of the masquerade and the event is less than 10 hours away. Yesterday and today I felt and still feel like I was possessed,there's this male voice in the back of my mind whispering unrightful things about Niall. Those 'trances' as he calls it happens much more often than before and I even imagine him shirtless.

I tried to drown him out with the new single by Alessia Cara but it can't pause my vision. I kept my distance from him since he caught me in a trance yesterday and I did the same with Zachary. If I'm gonna figure out this two direction heart decision thing then I need to think without any of their distracting good looks..ugh there I go again.

Penelope was on her way with the suits and and our dresses so I've been siting on the couch away from Zachary and in public so Niall can't try anything. Zayn told me he knew my plan without even having to ask and again he said it won't end well but this is my only way. The upside to this sort of is that I thought about them both equally.

Bad side is the shirtless imagines.

Right now I'm picking at my nails with my knees brought to my chest and earplugs slouching in my ear. I feel someone's stare on me but I refuse to look up,that was until Naomi sat next to me. She was biting her lip looking at my hands before looking up. "Are you alright?"

I sighed inaudibly through my nose."What makes you think something's wrong Naomi?"

"You only destroy your nail polish when your nervous or overthinking something." She replied.

"Well,its my problem to deal with and I'm redoing my nails with different color polish and don't want to overlap."

"I was just asking so maybe I can give you a second opinion."

"Is there anything else you want to ask?" I looked back at my hands.

"..No I guess not,I just wanted to see how you were doing."

I didn't answer to that as I stood up and walked away in the kitchen,I did what I needed then began to walk out when Zachary walked in. "Hey I haven't seen you all day today. Where were you?"

"Nowhere I just didn't want to stay in the room all day." I had to weasel around truth and lie and make up something along the line of truth so he didn't suspect anything.

But it didn't work cause he bit on the inside of his cheek and nodded without looking at me. I tried to slither past him without any contact but when I was almost past him he caught my waist,without thinking through my actions before I did them I put my hands on his chest and pushed out his light grip.

I stumbled and fell on one of my knees and when he tried to help me up I back up and steadied myself.

"Aria your lying. What's bothering you?Did I do something?" He tried to touch my cheek but from the three attempts of preventing his touch he looked hurt,in his eyes. His facial features were hardened and masked.

"I'm fine,and you did nothing wrong."

"Then why won't you let me touch you?" He said through a clenched jaw.

"The reason has nothing to do with you--"

"Your lying again."

This was really affecting him..but not as much as the truth would. I refuse to look in his eyes as I said, "I-I need to go."

I fast walked to the hall and in it was Niall leaning on the wall,listening to that entire thing. He locked eyes with me and didn't turn away so I avoided him too and went in the room closing the door.

+

Me and Louis who came and got me from the room walked into the main room where Penelope walked in with suits in dry cleaning packaging.