What Took You So Long? [1]

(Jessica pictured above)

Jessica POV
I woke up from a 5 hour nap at 8:30 a.m. I usually don't wake up this early but my best friend, Derek said he had a surprise guest for me at the studio. I don't really like surprises but I'll take one from him any day. I did my hygiene and put on a shirt and pants with some heels because I had a shoot later. I grabbed my duffle bag and put my lyric book, phones ( I had two phones, one for business and one for pleasure) and gym clothes in my bag. My phone began to ring. It was Derek.

"Hello?", I said.

"Where you at?",he said sounding like he just woke up.

"I'm bout to head out the door, Why?"

"I need you to pick me up"

"Why? Nigga you gat a car. Matter of a fact, you have three."

"I know but I need to talk to you",he whispered.

"Why u whispering, where's Jasmine and Megaa" . Megaa is Derek's son.

"Their sleeping, just come for me."

"Fine, be ready when I reach."

"Kk. Bye."

I got my duffle bag and said goodbye to my brother who lived with me. His name is Joey. He is the sweetest but he is leaving for college next week which is too bad.

I got in my white Dodge Charger 2016 with black rims. She was my second baby. My first was my mother and my father was my third next to Joey. I plugged in aux cord and played my favorite song THE GAME - RYDA ft. JESSICA. I now I might seem vain for my song to be my favorite but I don't care.

I wasn't picking up Derek any time soon even though I said I would come right away. I had two stops to make, Starbucks and Complex. When I drove up to Starbucks, a girl asked to take a picture of me kissing her on the cheek. I took the chance and kissed her. She was bad as hell, and I gladly took her phone number. She bought me my favorite drink from Starbucks which was iced coffee with a dash of whip cream, that saved me a trip. She had long brown curly hair and she was dark skinned.

I drove to Complex and picked up my shoes. I had to wait on my shoes for about a half an hour, so I sat down and waited.

Derek POV
I waited patiently on Jessica who was taking forever. She obviously didn't have her phone on her because she didn't answer any of my calls.

"Honey", my wife Jasmine said.

"Yh, BABY", I yelled because she was in another room feeding Megaa.

"Can you get me a towel to wipe Megaa's mouth?"

"OK".

I gave her a towel and tried to give her a kiss but she denied it. Even though I know she has low self-esteem since she had the baby a month  ago, it hurt.

Jasmine POV
After I denied Derek's kiss he went outside to smoke a blunt. I know he wants affection from me but I'm never really in the mood.

Jessica POV

After finally getting my sneakers I put them in the backseat of my car and drove to Derek's house. I guess you can call me a sneaker head because I have every shoe in the book. I looked at the time and it said 9:40. I was so shocked, I sped up.

When I finally reached I got out the car and I knocked on the door and Jasmine opened it. I gave her kiss on the cheek and saw Derek standing 5 feet behind her with a blunt in his hand. He looked pretty angry.

"At least you gettin' some kisses.",Derek said.

I didn't know what he was talking about, so I went to go see my godson, Megaa. He is the cutest thing. Even though he was watching Elmo in peace, I still went to bother him because their was obviously tension between Jasmine and Derek.

"Let's go", I told Derek while he was still smoking his blunt.

"Alright ".

He got his backpack and tryed to give Jasmine a kiss even though she denied. He thought I didn't notice but I noticed. I was confused but I said my goodbyes and we got in my car.

-----------------------------------
**COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE **

**KEHLANI IN THE NEXT CHAPTER**