Meet The Parents

(Kehlani pictured above)

Jessica POV

My parents are coming to LA tonight and we're going out for dinner. They called me last night telling me that they were going to be in LA for 1 night and I'm pretty excited but nervous at the same time because they've never met Kehlani before. I've told my dad a lot about Kehlani but my mom other hand not so much.

I told my dad about everything that happened with Kehlani and I made sure that he was aware of every single detail. He supports everything and is happy to become a grandfather. I made him swear not to tell mom though because she would probably flip. I know she's going to want to know how all this happened especially since Kehlani and I have on been dating for 4 months (going on 5). Even though we've been talking for almost 7 months, it's only been 4.

I can't believe that it's been that short, it feels like it's been much longer than that. My birthday is coming up on March 20th which is in 1 month and I'm hella excited. I haven't been out for drinks or been to a party in forever and honestly I miss it. I'm always busy or have something to do and I never have time to myself so I'm happy that March 20th is soon here.

Kehlani POV

I put on an outfit that was appropriate and that barely showed my stomach. Even though I wasn't showing that much, Jessica still didn't want her mother to notice anything. The way Jessica makes her mother sound is horrifying. I'm excited to meet her dad but her mom not so much. Jessica told me that they would be here in a few minutes so I cleaned up the house to keep myself busy. I was very nervous and Jessica could tell.

"Baby, what are doing.....relax", she laughed at me.

"What? I'm perfectly fine", I responded.

"I've never seen you this jumpy before. Relax, you're just meeting my parents. It's no big deal", she assured.

"It is a big deal. I guess I'm just a bit nervous"

"You cute baby. Don't worry they will love you just like I do. I promise", she kissed me on my forehead.

Jessica was totally right. I should just take a breath and relax.

A couple minutes later, the doorbell rang and Mrs. Sanders and Mr. Sanders walking straight towards me. I extended my hand to her.

"Hi Mr. & Mrs. Sanders. My name is Kehlani.", I said nervously.

They both at my hand and then at each other. Mrs. Sanders laughed and grabbed me into a hug

"This is how you greet family sweetie and call me Alice. Mrs. Sanders is Joseph's mom", she hugged me tight.

I hugged her back and I did the same with Mr. Sanders. His name is Joseph. Alice is so beautiful. Jessica's dad is black and her mom is German. Their family on the whole was just so beautiful. I'm surprised that there is not one ugly in her family because there is usually the ugly sibling or parent but no in this case. They were all good looking people.

All of us got inside Jessica's car to head for dinner and I must say the drive to the restaurant was interesting.

"So you're the girl Jessica is always talking about", Joseph said smiling.

"Lol I hope good things", I responded.

"Very good things that I'm happy about", he winked.

I smiled back because I totally forgot that he knows that I'm pregnant.

"Okay Dad. That's enough", Jessica said while eyeing Alice.

She was probably trying to remind him that Alice doesn't know yet. When we got to the restaurant, Jessica sat in the seat next to me. She grabbed my hand under the table and rubbed it with her thumb. After we ordered and waited for our food to come, we got to know each other a little bit better.

"So Kehlani, where are you from?", Alice asked.

"I'm from Oaklnad, California, born and raised", I answered her.

"Ohh so you're like a hood kinda girl?", she laughed.

"Lol yeah I guess", I laughed.

"I like your ring", she said pointing to the ring on my finger.

"Thanks. Jessica got it for me. It's a promise ring"

"I love it", she said.

"So what attracted you to my daughter? Like how did you guys meet?", Joseph asked.

"Well actually Jessica pursued me when we were working in the studio."

Jessica and I looked at each other and we laughed.

"Anyways...after awhile, I guess we both gave into temptation and next thing you know we're dating"

"Awww, you'll so cute.", Alice gushed.

She nodded and a couple minutes later, our waiter came with our food and our drinks. Everyone else had alcohol drinks while I was drinking water. Alice probably was suspicious so she asked me about it.

"Kehlani, you don't want a drink?", Alice asked me.

"Ughhh, no actually. I think I''m just going to stick with this water", I responded.

"C'mon a little glass of wine won't kill you", she persisted.

I looked at Jessica who then looked at Joseph and then back at me. I don't know what's taking Jessica so long to tell Alice but it's annoying. I feel like she should know by now that her daughter's girlfriend is having a baby.

"Tell your mom", I whispered in Jessica's ear.

Jessica gave me a "please don't make me tell her" look but I pretended like I didn't see her. Jessica sighed and looked at her plate.

"Mom I kind of have something to tell you important so you should be attentive", she said playing with her food.

Alice put down her glass and sat up straight listening to Jessica.

"What's wrong?", Alice asked.

"Well Kehlani and I have some news", Jessica responded.

Alice smiled and nodded her head listening to Jessica.

"Okay so the reason why Kehlani is drinking is because, uhhhhhh, she is, ummmm, two months pregnant"

Alice jaw dropped and she had this confusing look on her face. I couldn't tell if she was happy about it or angry about it.

"How far along are you, Kehlani", she asked me.

"Two months"

"Two months?!??! Are you guys out of your mind. You have been dating for only like 4-6 months and you're having a baby already", she shouted. "And Joseph why are you so quiet about this? You should be more angry than me."

I was in total shock of Alice's response. Everyone at the table went silent except Joseph.

"Baby relax. I think this is amazing news that we're going to be grandparents again (ps. Joey has a daughter)", Joseph said.

"You're acting like this isn't a surprise to you. Have you known about this the whole time?"

"Uhh yeah. Don't you understand why now", Joseph said.

Alice rolled her eyes and sighed. She looked at Jessica who's arm was around my chair.

"Listen you guys. I just think you are a bit young to have kids. How did this even happen?"

I hate telling this story so much about how I got pregnant because everyone knows Jessica doesn't have a dick. Jessica and I both explained to Alice exactly what happened. She was shocked and had to take in the news. By the time dinner was over, Alice was happy about becoming a grandmother. She apologized to Jessica and I for not being so understanding about the situation.

I got acquainted with Alice which was pretty awesome. I learned a lot about her. She told me about the days when her and Jessica didn't get along and what happened the last Christmas they spent together. Alice was super sweet but it sucks that her and Joseph will be leaving tomorrow morning.

-----------------------

**COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE**

**READ OTHER WORK**