Edward Elric x Reader

You were sitting on a chair next to Ed's bed in the infirmary, watching over his sleeping form. You truly did feel bad that you had been the cause of this.

But, you thought, it wasn't your fault he jumped in front of you to protect you from the enemy.

But it was, however, your fault that you had let your guard down for that one split second, leaving that opening for attack.

While you were battling with your conscious, Ed stirred slightly and his eyes slowly opening, a low growl following. 'What...happened?' he asked quietly, sitting up. He then moved his flesh arm up to rub his eyes.

Your head snapped over to look at him more clearly, and you were so relieved you hadn't done much damage. 'You're ok!' You cried happily and you quickly leaned forward and smuggled him into a hug.

He was taken back at first before laughing and returning the hug. 'Of course I'm ok!'

'IwassoworriedImayhavedonesomething!' you said very, VERY fast.

Ed blinked and pulled you away gently with a confused look on his face. 'What?'

You blushed slightly, and you turned away before he could notice. You tried to think of something else to say, but coming up short you decided to go back to your playful demeanour before he knew just how much you cared about him exactly.

'I didn't say anything. Man you crazy.'

He rolled his eyes with a smirk. 'Oh I'm the crazy one am I?'

'Yes. You are.' You laughed. 'Have you forgotten? Your the crazy one, Al's the adorable one, and I'm the playful one. Gosh.'

'I dont remember that pact but suuure.' he flashed a grin at you, being the arrogant bastard he is.

'I guess it's true then.' You smirked. 'Short people really do have short memories.' As soon as you said that, you dashed under the bed that was across from his, expecting knives to be thrown at you.

His eye twitched as a low growl escaped his throat. 'What?' his voice was dark and raspy, as if he was PISSED, which he probably was.

'Yoooouuu heard me.' You said the "you" in a deep voice, trying your best to sound intimidating, but that probably failed miserably.

Before the blonde had time to rip out your guts, you scrambled from under the bed with your arms extending in front of you. 'Wait wait wait!! I didn't mean i-'

Before you could finish, a jar of milk was thrown at your forehead. You fell backwards and landed on your back, very surprised.

'I'M NOT SHORT!! WHAT IS YOU PEOPLE'S PROBLEM!!?' he yelled almost to the top of his lungs.

'WHERE DID THAT MILK COME FROM!?' you screamed back, just as loud.

He didn't reply, Ed only crossed his arms and pouted. 'A place.' He said after a while.

'Sure.' you rolled your eyes and stood up, rubbing your forehead. 'Ow...'

Ed blinked and his expression softened as he turned back towards you. '(Y/n), are you ok?' he asked worriedly, really hoping he didn't hurt you.

'Not..Really..' You mumbled and walked out of the room. You walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. There was a huge purple-black spot on your forehead where you had been attacked.

You frowned and ran as fast as you could back into Edward's room. You pointed an accusing finger at the short teenager still sitting on the bed. 'You bruised it you jerk!!' you exclaimed.

'It was your fault! You called me short!' He yelled back.

'Well it's true!'

'NOT SHORT!'

'Believe what you want to!'

'You have pretty eyes!'

'Well you have fabulous hair!'

'I know I do!'

You both stopped for a moment and blinked, not exactly knowing what just happened. 'You..Like my eyes?'

'You like my hair?' he looked taken back at first, but then grinned. 'Yes, I love your (e/c) eyes.'

'And I love your shiny blonde hair.' You smiled, meaning it.

He stood up and walked directly in front of you. He frowned deeply as he had to look UP at you. 'I got this.' He grinned and jumped up, wrapping his legs around your waist and arms around your shoulders. He gained enough to height to where he could look down at you slightly.

You laughed a bit and wrapped your arms around his waist to make sure he doesn't fall off. You've known him long enough to know he'll most likely mess up anything with clumsyness.

He smiled and you and gently pecked your lips, then very carefully put his forehead on yours, trying not to hurt the bruise. Once you cringed a little from slight pain, he laughed and said:

'I told you milk is deadly.'