Maes Hughes x Reader -- Take Your Daughter to Work Day

Okay guys, last time I uploaded a Maes Hughes x Reader, I got a lot of feedback from a lot of people saying things like "But he's already married" or "He has a KiD dUdE" and just stuff like that. Yes, I'm well aware he's married with a child that he's super proud of, but think of this as a "not-married" AU sorely so the reader can have a place in the one-shot. 

Thank you and continue :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sighed, frustrated, as you rubbed your eyes. It was 2 in the afternoon, and both you and Maes needed to get to work, but babysitters had suddenly became non-existent. You couldn't just leave your 6-year old child here by herself, but at the same time you couldn't take her with you. 

"Here," You looked up to the sound of the voice to see your husband standing over you, offering a cup on a saucer. 

"What's this?" You sighed, though you already knew the answer as you take the miniature plate from him. 

"I heard somewhere that warm beverages helps with stress." Maes said gently, kissing your forehead. "Don't worry, we'll think of something." 

You took a small sip from the tea he had just made for you, a small smile playing on your lips. "You're right, but I can't help it. I'm worried."

Maes frowned as he watched the last candidate come down the stairs of your house and walk right out without another word, causing your husband to wrap you in a hug before you could burst. "I think we need to take her with us." 

"Will Mustang be okay with that?" You asked wearily, closing your eyes again. You wanted to cry. 

"Of course." He pulled back with a large, beaming smile you couldn't help but mimic. "Roy'll do anything for us." 

"Go get her then." You sighed and rested your throbbing head in your hands. 

"Look, look!" Your daughter giggled as she held out a piece of paper for Havoc to take. 

"Oh yeah? Whatcha got there squirt?" The blonde in question grinned as he squatted down to her height to take a look. 

"It's a picture of Mommy and Daddy and me!" She squealed happily. 

"I'm so sorry." You groaned as you sat on the couch in Roy's office, watching the exchange. 

"Nah, don't worry about it." Havoc grinned as he rubbed the top of D/N's head, ruffling her hair. "Little girl here's a real artist." 

The girl beamed, then ran over to the desk with her drawing and held it out to Roy to take. 

Roy, however, didn't look up from his paperwork, grumbling under his breath. 

"Sir, with all due respect," Riza started calmly behind him, closing her eyes before reopening them and giving a death glare to the raven-haired man. "But look at the girl's picture." 

Roy sighed and glanced up, giving the quick glance of the drawing he got a small smile. "Looks great, you should do more."

"Can I make you a entire book?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side. 

"Great." Was Roy's response, silently thanking whatever God was out there that the child was too young to understand the concept of sarcasm. 

Maes walked back into the room after that with a slight frown, but was immediatley replaced with a bright smile as his baby girl came running, squealing and giggling, her arms outstretched so Maes could capture her and lift her up off the ground like a rocket, earning a strangled "Daddy!" in response. 

After everything calmed down, Maes turned serious again. "Hey Roy, would you care to watch her for a minute?"

"Terrific." was the monotonous response given, but it was good enough for him as he turned and grabbed your hand, gently leading you outside.  

"Maes, what's wrong?" You asked, furrowing your brows. 

Maes turned and closed the door to Roy's office before speaking, his gaze searching your face for any kind of reaction. "The only way we could afford another babysitter is if one of us gets a second job, or maybe even both of us, I don't know." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

You went silent, eyes slowly lowering to the floor. It took a moment, but eventually you spoke up once you realized he wasn't going to. "Maes, I don't know what to do. The only solution I see is taking her here with us, but we can't do that everyday." 

"I know, me too." He then gave a smile, pulling you in for a hug. "But it'll be okay. We'll be okay." 

"Yeah." You nodded, trying your best to believe it. You leaned up and placed a quick kiss to the male's lips, giving a playful smirk before going back into the office. However, once you saw your daughter sitting on Roy's desk reading him a book, you close the door before anyone can notice you and turn back to Maes. 

"We got time?" He questioned with a smirk of his own, but didn't wait for any confirmation before connecting his lips back on yours, much rougher this time. 

Yeah, You thought to yourself as you grin against Maes' mouth. We'll be alright.