Roy x Reader -- Carols

You begin the day cleaning around the house, humming Jungle Bells as you do so.

Sounds cheesy, but that was the first Christmas Carol you've memorized.

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way.." you muttered as you swept the large kitchen. You wanted everything to be perfect for Roy when he got back, but you didn't want to do all the cleaning.

Eventually you just threw the broom down and said fuck it. A little coffee and more carols will get you in a better mood, you thought, but walking all the way over to the coffee machine was too much of a hastle.

So you just went to the living room and plopped down, flipping through the channels. Everything was so Christmasy.. yet you felt alone.

You sigh and pull your phone out, playing, "Jingle Bell Rock". Then "All I want for Christmas". Before you knew it, you fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"[Name]?" Roy tried shaking you awake, but it was useless. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, placing the small bag he had gotten out on the table next to you. He then picked you up bridal-style, carrying you to the bedroom.

"[Name]." He said sternly, placing you on the bed.

"What?" You said just as sternly back, slightly opening your eyes to glare at him. Not the best move ever, but you were tired.

He raised his brow, looking at you challengingly. "Why was the broom on the floor in the kitchen?"

"I was cleaning."

"You were making a bigger mess."

"Same thing." You muttered and rolled around onto your side. "Go away. I'm in a bad mood."

"On Christmas Eve?" He asked, laying next to you and wrapping his arm around your waist. "Why?"

"I dunno." You muttered. "I just... Woke up like that."

"Well.." Roy rested his face in the crook of your neck, gently placing a kiss there. "Is there anything you'd like to talk about?"

~°~°~°~°~°~°

"I still say Elvis." You frown, facing him.

"No, Michael Jackson." He said, poking your forehead.

At some point throughout your cuddling session, the two of you had began to talk about random debates, all the while blaring Christmas music.

"No, Elvis came first, so that makes him more memorialble." You said, sitting up.

"So it's the age that counts?" He inquired, sitting up as well to face you. "Jackson had more of a personal style, so that makes him more memorialble."

"For tomorrow I'm gonna get you a Michael Jackson CD." You pouted, crossing your arms.

He grinned and rolled his eyes. "Ok, [Name]. Just go to sleep, it's pretty late."

"How late?" You ask, turning the music off.

3 a.m late. Oh.

So you lay down, facing Roy. "Fine." You gave an exasperated sigh, closing your eyes and nuzzling into him.

The next evening, the two of you sat on the couch, handing each other a gift ((Yours, a small wrapped square, his, a bag)), and of course, blaring Jingle Bells on repeat as you did so.

"So.." You smile at him. "I want you to open yours first."

He looked at you suspiciously, but carefully ripped off the wrapping paper. He looked at you with a deadpan expression the entire time, already knowing what it is.

"A Michael Jackson CD." He said monotonously.

"Yup." You giggle. "I told you I would."

He rolled his eyes, now being able to help the smile on his face. "Alright, your turn."

You reach into the bag, pulling out a book. You tilt your head slightly, looking at the cover.

"Haha, very funny Roy." You grin as you show him the Elvis biography.

"An eye for an eye I guess." He snickered as he closed his eyes. "Merry Christmas [Name]."

"You know, it's times like these that really make me love you." You cuddle into his side, both of you falling asleep to the song Jingle Bells filling your ears.

Ok, so the picture above had nothing to do with the chapter, I just thought it was funny xD Hope you enjoyed!