Shy!Reader x Ed !Fluff

So as I was going through different story ideas, I came across one that I liked the idea of a lot. It's a modern AU with the reader and the FMA gang in school. If this isn't what you had in mind, just drop me a comment and I'll write you guys another one. Enjoy!

---------------

Your heart was pounding. You tried your very best to walk in, but you just knew how many people would turn and stare at the "new girl". And you just knew you wouldn't have any friends for a long time. Was this even the right class?

After a quick check to your schedule and a small confidence boost, you slowly reach for the door handle and try to turn it. Locked. Of course.

Now you've made a fool of yourself. Everyone heard the door rattle, you know they did. Now you have to knock. What if you were interrupting something important? No, they knew you were coming.

So you gave a small, but hopefully loud enough, knock to the door. After a few moments of complete silence and inactivity, you hold your breath and knock again.

This time, a short blonde opened the door. He had his hair braided, not a hairstyle commonly picked by males, you note. He also wore this grin like he didn't care. You note that too.

"So you're the new kid." He muttered, his smile never fading.

"I'm the new kid." You confirm with a small smile of your own, nodding.

"You remind me exactly like my brother." He shakes his head, then extends his hand. "Name's Edward Elric, but you can call me Ed."

"Hello, Ed." You smile and reach your hand out to shake his. "I'm [Y/n]."

"Come on in and meet everyone else." He says, pulling you inside, not caring too much whether or not you had an objection.

-----------

You smile at the memory as you stroked your boyfriend's long hair.

You were sitting on Ed's couch, the man in question laying on your lap.

"What's so amusing?" Ed asked, looking up at you.

"I was just remembering the day we met." You say, not being able to not smile.

"Oh." He smiled back. "Yeah, that was a good day."

You continue to play with the blonde locks, humming slightly as you do.

"Hey, Ed?" You say quietly, not really sure whether you should actually say what was on your mind or not.

"Yeah?" Ed asked, closing his eyes.

"Do you ever wonder how two people like us would ever be together?"

"No." He said, furrowing his brows. "What makes you say that?"

"Well, I mean, you're obnoxious. You're not afraid to let people know exactly how you think or feel. You're not scared or worried about people's opinions. I'm the complete opposite."

"Well maybe that's just it." He laughed and sat up, putting his hands on either side of your head, pulling you closer until your noses touched. You didn't fight it. Then he whispered, "You're the half I never had."

You smiled and whispered back, "And vise versa."

"And vise versa." He repeated, kissing your lips. "Now enough with the sappy bullshit." He grinned and leaned back on the couch, his arm wrapped around your shoulders and pulling you close.

The last thing you remember before falling asleep in his side was the particular smell of his cologne washing over you.