Greed!Ling x College Student!Reader

"I gotta go!" You shouted to your roommate behind you. "I have to go meet up with Ling, I'll help when I get back!"

You didn't wait for a response before leaving your dorm, practically slamming the door shut in the process.

You walked through the halls, checking your phone for any new texts, then walked out of the building.

You were staring down at your phone when you bumped into something. You were about to give a snappy comment, but you looked up and realized it was none other than your boyfriend, Ling.

"Hey, watch it." He said with a grin. "You might get hurt."

"Yeah, okay." You said with an overdramatic sarcastic voice, also grinning. "You didn't text me asshole."

"Thought it would be a surprise." He shrugged, turning and walking to his car. You followed. "Anyway, how's your whole college thing working out?"

"Pretty boring, but I manage." You said, jogging to catch up to him. "What are you even doing here? I thought we were meeting downtown."

"Like I said," Ling started, opening the passenger door for you. "I wanted it to be a surprise."

"You're just full of surprises, aren't ya?" You joked, lightly punching him on the shoulder before climbing into the car.

Ling closed the door behind you, then walked over to his side and got in. "So where to?" He asked, starting up the car without putting his seatbelt on.

"Uhm.." you think aloud, buckling up. "How about a movie?"

"Anything out you wanna see?" He asked as he pulled onto the road.

"That Jigsaw movie looks pretty interesting." You say, looking at him with an innocent smile.

Ling glanced over at you from the corner of his eyes with a smirk. "You're trying your best to look innocent when you just requested the scariest movie of the year." He laughed.

"Oh come on, you love horror movies, I don't wanna hear it." You huffed playfully, crossing your arms.

Ling rolled his eyes, and it was silent for the rest of the ride. Once he pulled into the parking lot, Ling looked at you with a grin.

"You ready?" He asked, leaning over and pecking you on the lips.

"Always." You said with a grin, kissing back.

Ling's body twitched, and you gave him a confused look.

"What?" He asked, his voice slightly deeper than normal.

"Are you okay?" You asked, getting out of the car. Ling followed.

"I'm fine." He said simply, closing his door.

"Okay." You said, still confused. You grabbed his hand nonetheless, intertwining your fingers. "You ready for the movie?"

"Of course." He looked at you with a grin, his teeth also seemingly incredibly sharp. "Who doesn't like a good scare every once in a while?"

"You have a point." You laughed, swinging your arms in the air as you walked through the doors to the theatre.

He handed you a $50 bill, and with a rough kiss he said, "Go buy us refreshments, I'll buy the tickets."

You kissed back, nodding when he pulled away. You walk over to the counter, looking at the 50 bucks in your hand. Well, if you're gonna go on a date, you gotta go all out, right?

"One extra-large, extra-buttered popcorn, three of your largest cokes, four packs of M&M's, two normal and two sour, five large Milky Ways, and a singular Payday." You said with a smile, handing over your money knowing it's already going to cost damn near exactly $50.