AmeRus

To @AngelMaryland who suggested a AmeRus.

You know how hard it is when you have to keep the mask for too long on your face? You begin to suffocate and you really want to take that mask off?
Well, now I feel the same. The only difference is that the mask will never be removed from my face, because I have to keep it on me forever. I'm afraid that if I ever remove it, something bad will happen. My history makes people think that I am a sadistic monster, a person without mercy... an empty shell. But it's not like that. I love people and I could never harm a single person, or at least I really wanted to keep people of harms way. But that's not possible if I'm the harm itself. I have to keep myself away from my loved ones, but my leaders order me the opposite. I don't want to fight, but I'm built for war, a figure that should be hated. That is me, Russia. A country of destruction.
But that will all soon change when I put all that pressure to my biggest rival and enemy, America.
Unfortunately, no matter what I throw at him, he always keep smilling and I never saw him ask for help. Never. That smile irritated me for far too long, so today I decided to go to him and confront him directly. But what I saw wasn't what I expected.
I just came, barging through and then I saw America, sitting on a chair in the darkest corner of the room, his back facing me. He didn't even look to see who came in, he didn't move at all.
Then it hit me.
That smell was so familiar to me, but also so distant. I wanted to forget that smell, and I almost did, but that man over there reminded me of that smell. It was blood.
I rushed to him and I saw his hands were all covered in blood. I can see clearly that he tried to take his own life, but that's not possible for people like us. His wounds started to close , but his eyes were still dead. America was looking straight infront of him, but his eyes were empty like glass.
At that moment I wasn't thinking, I just quickly put him on the floor, his head on my lap. A single tear went down America's cheek and I kissed it away. I dont know why I did it, I just did. Maybe because of the love I felt for him all these years, disguised as hatred. I never really thought of the feeling I had for him. My leaders told me to hate him, so I did, but there was always this part of me that was asking what if he was a man like me? Not really showing his real emotions?
I stared to to stroke his hair and sing a lovely song that I used to sing to my younger sister, Belarus. I closed his eyes and waited for him to wake up.
When he finally woke up, I didnt realise that I had fallen asleep, and I felt a hand on my cheek.
I saw America smilling at me with a faint smile and I quickly tried to rub off my tears that had suddenly appeared.
"No need to hide them, I already knew what person you were. We're just the same." He said and dropped his hand. "We hate seeing people hurt, so we try to lift that sadness from them and cary it ourselves. Isn't that right?"
With a sad smile, I answered "Yes, I just like to see people hurt." A small tear found itself in my eyes and this time I didn't rub it off.
"We're just the same, but equally different. " America said and held my hand.
"I wonder if this feeling will last any longer during this battles that me have?" I whispered and recived a big grin from America's side.
"It depends on wether we chose to feed it, just like the wolves of good and evil." American said and I leaned for a soft kiss on his cheek. He turned and my lips were now on his soft lips.
"I hope I can train that wolf properly, or someday he will be the one to consume me." I said when we broke the kiss.