Spamano

The battle is over and Spain still feels tired and his legs could barely support his body, but he should stand strong for Romano. The little man was still in depression, because of his little brother, always overshadowed by Feliciano. Spain wanted to make him feel loved and noticed for who he is, not for North Italy's older brother. But sometimes it gets hard for him when Romano insults him and pushes him away.

"Hey, bastard!" Romano called and looked Spain straight in the eyes. "You're spacing out again." He said and narrowed his eyes.

Spain forced a smile and hugged Romano as tightly as he can. "I missed you so much while I was gone." He said cheerfully and backed away from Romano just enough to look him in the eyes.

"Why did come back?" Said the Italian and pushed the Spaniard away, walking away to the room he was given when he was still a child. "Don't even bother coming to my room, bastard."

Spain wanted to say something, but he was too hurt to even open his mouth. He went to his room and lay on the bed, trying to stay awake, afraid to close his eyes or he would never wake up again. Eventually, his eyelids felt too heavy and Spain closed his eyes.

The next morning he wanted to wake up, but he was incapable to open his eyes. He panicked and wanted to move, but his body would not listen to him. He wanted to scream, to cry, but no sound came out. Then, someone opened the door and put his or her hand on the Spaniard's forehead.

"He's still burning." Said a feminine voice which belonged to his friend Belgium.

"When will he wake up?" Romano asked.

"I don't know, but it won't be soon. His last battle with England wasn't easy, he almost lost his life." She said. Spain wanted to make her shut up, he didn't want her to tell Romano how much he is suffering. Its enough what Romano has on his shoulders, he doesn't need more.

"What happened?" Romano asked. Something in his voice, made Spain want to cry. Romano sounded worried.

"Apparently, England wants to take you captive and Spain fought him over you." Simply said Belgium and removed her hand. She went towards Romano and Spain could hear the sound of her hugging him. "He'll be back with us no time, don't worry so much." She said and exited the room.

For a long time there was no sound and Spain thought there was no one there, but then Spain heard Romano take a deep breath and whisper, "Me? Worried?". Spain wanted to stand up on his feet and go straight to him, tell him that everything will be alright, but his body was preventing him from doing so. He head Romano's steps towards him and the sound of a chair being dragged. After a moment he felt Romano's hand on his own and a soft kiss planted on his forehead. "Please don't leave like grandpa Rome did." He said and a tear landed on Spain's cheek. Romano sat next to Spain and held his hand in his, while whispering how much he missed him when he was out in war, then a small whisper went outside of Romano, it was hard to hear, but Spain heard it clear as a crystal. It was something that Spain wanted to tell him from a long time ago, but didn't have the strength to say it. Romano said for the first time "I love you". Spain never heard him say it before, not even to his brother when he comes to visit.

Just then, Spain could feel his strength build up a little, enough just to return the love Romano gave him. "I.. love you too." The Spaniard said loud enough for Romano to hear him.