Trust

There's nothing more important than trust in a person....

I thought over my decision before finally nodding my head as I motioned the villagers to follow me. I needed answers and there weren't any other options to get them.

I was glad Rick had made extra rooms when he was designing his home, I always wondered how much extra time he had on his hands. In total there were 12 bedrooms and a few more still being made that I would probably finish later.

For now I showed the girls all the available rooms before going back to mine. My head was to clouded for one day to say anything else and I needed rest, I fell asleep in a matter of minutes.

The sound of footsteps woke me from my sleep as I saw shadows from under my door. I learned a lot of things from being here and one of those skills was being awaken by the smallest things.

I got up from bed and immediately reached for my knife on my drawer. I put it behind my back as I reached for the doorknob and slowly opened the door. One of the girls patiently stood in front of me as it looked like she was having trouble saying something.

"Um, We didn't want to be noisy in your home, b-but were hungry and didn't want to go through your supplies." She shyly says as she didn't make eye contact.

I sighed as I tossed the knife on my bed. "Come on, I'll go make something." I yawned scratching my head. as I entered the kitchen I saw all the girls sitting around the dining table seeming to be waiting for my arrival.

"About time, we woke up 2 hours ago." One of them muttered. I chuckled a bit now having a good mood with the rest I had. I started to look through the pantries in the kitchen to find a loaf of bread Rick must have made.

I then noticed a makeshift cooler and saw a cooked piece of meat wrapped up. I took it out to feel that it was still warm. With the bread and the meat I made sandwiches for everyone.

I also caught a glimpse of cake tucked away in the upper cupboard but I would save it, at least until I knew how to make more.

As soon as I served everyone they greedily dug into the food except for the one girl who was at my door earlier who ate as properly as I could imagine.

I brought up a chair and sat down. "Your not going to eat?" The polite girl asked worryingly. I shook my head "I'm not hungry."

As everyone finished their food I got ready to ask everything that was in my head, but it would be good to start small first.

"Nice village you guys had."

"Yea, Thanks for reminding us." The rude one replied

Shit

I knew this would take awhile so I just got to the big questions. "My friend who lived here was killed by the men in your village, I want to know who they are, and what the seekers are." I said bluntly.

The table was quiet. The polite girl spoke first. "We're sorry about your friend, but you have to understand we had little to do wit-."

"Little to do with it? You took those monsters in and gave them shelter so they could torture and kill anyone who crossed there path with little worry." I said in a spiteful tone.

The girl looks down as she seems done talking. "What she means is that we could do little to stop it, those men came in by force with makeshift weapons, we didn't have a army at the time so they essentially took the place over, building that castle you saw for their own, occasionally taking one of the women from the village for their own.....needs." One of the girls said looking angered at the final word.

"They gave us protection from the mobs and helped grow the walls, we needed them there." Another commented.

"What about the seekers?" I asked

The girls sat silent looking at one another before the rude one spoke up. "There's a reason they built that prison tower, the seekers are a group of men I'm guessing from your world who capture the noble blood of a specific race. If the noble blood is in a area, mobs of their race will cease attacking the area that they are in."

"We had the horse noble blood along the wolf noble blood living in our village, the seekers took them though, the men in our village have been fighting them for years, but not until now have they done serious damage."

I processed the information they gave me as I sat back and just relaxed. "I guess that's all I need to know."

"Yea, what about our names dipshit." This girl was going to push my limits soon.

"I'm Riley." the mean girl said. "Then there's Jamie, Kate, Diana, Isabel, and that's our mayor Zoey." Riley said motioning to the polite girl.

"What's your plan Riley?" I asked. "Eh, We were sort of hoping you would be kind enough for us to live here, Without the protection of the wolves and with our militia gone, we won't survive." Riley said shifting in her seat.

"We'll I don't mind as long as you help with this place." I reply knowing these girls were harmless, at first glance at least.

"Were all masters in our crafts, just give us the supplies we need and we can go from there." Kate says.

I nod, I have my answers now it's time to act.