The hunt for Ramirez Pt.1

Friends and Foes...

"What do you mean there's been a change in the amount of lake risers." Francis glared at his assistant.

"I'm telling you that our scouts have seen more lake risers this month, they've seen four come out including today. It's not happening yearly anymore Francis."

Silent, Francis ponders on the new predicament.

"We're not recruiting anymore seekers, give the orders that any human we encounter is kill on sight from this moment forward."

The assistant nods at this new command as he rushes off to give the news.

~~~

"Skelly has this human locked away, she's doing these things to him that I can't even explain with words. We'd had him for weeks and she won't stop the torture."

"You didn't stop this from happening!"

"This was before I met you, I know now that she's in the wrong but you don't understand. The lady is fucking scary, neither me nor silk would have the power to beat her even if we combined our weapons."

CJ thinks to himself for a bit.

"We're getting him out." Without another word CJ gets to his feet and starts walking to the direction of town.

Catching up to him Cupa grabs his shoulder"CJ do you not understand, you can't take her down."

Pulling away CJ looks into her eyes

"I have to at least fucking try Cupa, I can't stand around and do nothing now that you told me how she's treating him. Besides I won't do it alone."

"I won't be much hel-"

"I have other friends that can help Cupa." Cj interrupts.

Cj continues walking with Cupa not far behind but lingering nevertheless.

The two continue their journey back to town with queitness in between them. CJ breaking the silence along the way.

"You should have done something Cupa." Is all he says.

Feeling shame, Cupa keeps her head low.

"I'll help in whatever way I ca-"

"CJ!"

Looking further down the road CJ can see the lady he helped days before come running towards him after shouting his name.

"What are you doing here?" He asks her when she reaches him.

"I saw you from my glider while I was searching for you." she huffs while regaining her breath.

"I need your help in finding my friend, he went missing awhile back and we couldn't find him since."

CJ and Cupa share looks.

"What did he look like?' Cj asks.

Black hair, brown eyes, tan on the darker side, a bit short." she continues.

CJ looks at Cupa who gravely nods.

"That's him alright." she mutters.

"Don't worry Diana, we'll get him back."

"You know where he is?"

"Yes, just give me time to prepare and gather some friends and I'll rescue him don't you worry."

"So who are these friends you mentioned." Cupa interjects.

"Being that Jake is easier to find we'll get him first. Then if Mundee is still in his village we'll go there."

"Then let us make haste." Diana says.

"You sure you wa-."

"I'm coming." She glares.

"O.k, O.k". he says raising his hands.

CJ looks around his surroundings.

"Getting to Jake's place shouldn't be to far. We just need to get to the snowy forest to the West."CJ points as he motions everyone to follow him.

"What about those, you still need to deliver them." Cupa points to the satchel.

"Give them to me, I can deliver them in half the time and meet you guys on the way to the snowlands." Diana says.

CJ nods as he gives Diana his satchel and the delivery instructions before Diana leaves to go find some high ground.

"Come on Cupa, we got friends to find." CJ commands.

"What a adventure this turned out to be." Cupa whispers to herself.

Shorter chapter because of the fact that I'll be posting tommorow and the day after.

Who do you guys like better so far. CJ or Ramirez?