attack on haven(fixed)

"Send archers to the walls! Anyone else that can carry a sword, guard the town hall!"

Chaos was all over the village as the seekers were preparing for the second assault to capture the cow noble blood. The village of Hermark had been renowned for its dairy products such as milk and cheese throughout the countryside. No one knew their secret up until now, and word had spread all the way to the seekers.

Hermark had enough money to hire mercenaries to guard the stone walls the town had recently built. Even with that however the seekers had the superior firepower, already having three cannons set up in the hills, raining fire charges all over the village.

Fire spread quickly as the town well was draining of its supply to fight the fires that had consumed numerous buildings.

The seekers having the cave spider noble blood as their prisoner, were sending waves of the creatures in
that were going over the wooden walls protecting the village with ease.

Dead bodies were becoming numerous as charred and poisoned corpses lay all around.

The seekers would not stop untill the town surrendered the noble blood or everyone in the village was dead.

Little did the seekers know that the cow noble blood was long gone, under the guard of a mercenary.

Claire's POV

I left them to die, how could I abandon the village that had been my family for years. Tears welled in my eyes as I continued to follow my assigned protector.

Skilled with a bow he had fought his way out of the village for us when only a few mobs were beginning the assault.

"Were almost to Orvale, we just got to keep moving. Fuck we should have taken a horse." He says with deep breaths of exhaustion.

It was at this moment that a smell came to my senses, and I knew well what it was.

"Spiders are coming." I told him in a hoarse voice.

"How many, which direction?" He says as a arrow magically appears in his palm.

"A lot....from everywhere." I said stepping closer to him in fear.

He grits his teeth as he pulls me in right beside him.

"Whatever opening you see, I want you to run ok?"

I don't react, as the smell grows stromger.

"OK?" He says in a sharper tone.

I weakly nod as his first arrow goes flying into the forest, with a crunchy sound coming soon after.

Two spiders come from the left, and two arrows reach their skulls. The mercenary's enchanted bow was doing heavy damage on the increasing numbers of spiders that were surrounding our position.

"FUCK." A spider pounces on the mercenary from behind. He grabs a sheathed dagger from his thigh and slams it right between it's eyes.

Pushing the corpse off his body, another arrow comes to his hand as he takes a knee and fires.

"After I take out those two, run in that direction!" he tells me pointing to two spiders to the left of us.

Two arrows fly from his bow in quick succession as I make a sprint for the new cleared path.

I look behind me as he takes out a double edged short sword and starts swinging on the encroaching spiders.

"GET TO ORVALE."

With that last command, I lose sight of him as I enter a new treeline.