Prologue: Conjuring The Elements

IMPRESS [Book 1]

A/N: to any future critics if you're impatient and hate character and plot development don't read this story

A/N: to any future critics if you're impatient and hate character and plot development don't read this story. If you don't like some of the traits of a main character realise that she or he is like that for a REASON. TO EVERYONE PLS READ THE A/N AT THE END, THANK YOU AND HOPE YOU ENJOY! :)

.
.
.

-

Prologue:

-

I stumbled out of the castle, falling from my feet onto royal stone ground.

Strands from my layered blanket of unruly, coffee-coloured curls fell in front of my face, as I sucked in a huge cloud of cold air and clutched onto my neck.

The salty tears that had not long ago fallen from my eyes had made a reappearance as the wind continued to whip at my face and the mean-spirited royal remained right at my throat.

I'd been warned not to expose myself, yet I chose not to listen.

Now it was time to pay the price.

I surely hadn't planned this through? What had possessed me into ever showing him what I was capable of?

Foolish acts like these were usually done at the cost of death, and my death would soon follow if I was caught now.

Fire danced in my eyes when my hands began to spark up ready for yet another unexpected flame. The hurricane that spiralled inside of me caused the untameable curls on my head to blow in all directions.

"Find her now and bring her to my chambers!" I heard his demonic voice growl not so far behind.

I gasped, my eyes widening as I held onto my bloody neck and coughed out droplets of red rain.

No no no.

I couldn't let them catch me. I was not ready to leave the world yet. Too much was at stake, I couldn't lose it all now.

I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

I had a shipload of people relying on me.