Chapter Forty-Three: Date With The Devil.

IMPRESS.

Chapter Forty-Three: Date With The Devil

--

This must have taken him a lot of preparation because what I was seeing was the setting of a perfect dream date. The decorations could've been mistaken for a wedding ceremony.

Maybe it was the reason he had been absent all day, to get this part of the day right.

Rows of candles were placed on rock and stone around the area, completely surrounding the table for two, centred in the middle of pink blossom trees that towered over the candle lights and almost blocked the moonlight.

Pale pink rose petals were decorating every candlelight, adding to the beauty of the environment and my head just couldn't take in how miraculous the scenery was.

On the circular table, was a shimmery white cloth covering the wood, two plates topped with complete roasts consisting of hot gravy poured over crispy potatoes, creamy mash, pudding, mixed vegetables and succulent chicken breasts.

And between the mouth-watering plates of food was a vase containing a single, pink rose and a lovely white peony scented candle which I could easily smell from where I stood.

My ears flared at the heavenly sound of a violin adding to the fantastical romantic aura, and my heart exploded when a man smartly dressed in a tux emerged from the pink rose bushes and strode towards the table with his chin rested on the instrument.

I sighed in defeat. This was incredible, absolutely crazy. I swear this could have been another dream of mine, but, I didn't seem to wake up when I nipped my wrist.

I guess this was real life and not one of the witches' projections of reality.

When all of a sudden my shoulders felt heavy as if something was restricting them from moving, I turned my face and it was only then did I realise, a smart black jacket had been placed over my shivering body. A jacket with the overwhelming scent of luxury.

"Thank you," I said to whoever had warmed me with their selfless gesture.

I was embraced from behind, strong arms possessively hugging my body in order for my back to collide with his muscular front, "hello, beautiful..." his cold cut deep into my soul and I shivered once more, clutching onto the jacket hanging from my shoulders.

As the devil greeted me, I was twirled out from his embrace, and he caught my hand before I could stumble and fall. "You look phenomenal, I'm glad you accepted the invite."

I know Zac was trying to be sincere but once my eyes met his merciless ones, I just had to be a little mean, "well you didn't really give me a choice, remember you threatened to kill my best friend if I didn't accept the offer."

My response was supposed to sadden him but it didn't, Zac hid his hurt behind an amused smile, "you know I wouldn't have really done that."

"Well, I don't know what to believe anymore, you are pretty unpredictable," I stated unimpressed, "and in response to your "love" letters... I'm tired of you playing games with me, Zac."