Chapter Eighty: V Is For Vendetta.

IMPRESS.

Pic of a young Daya El Rigo & Davina below.

Chapter Eighty: V Is For Vendetta 

---

I woke up in a tiresome condition that distorted my vision with an unclear blur, a condition that momentarily disabled me from recognizing the comfort of my own bed and familiarity of my own room.

Confused and disorientated, I knitted my eyebrows together until I felt crease lines above the bridge of my nose. As my narrowed eyes adjusted to the dim lit darkness of the bedroom, I mentally thanked the moonlight peeking through the glass and silky white curtains of the balcony doors, which provided me with enough light to see.

Making slow, cautious movement, I removed myself from the tangled mess of covers I was intertwined in. As the tips of my toes grazed the floor, my attention was drawn by an unsettling chill and the sound of a swinging door's echoing creak. 

Hesitantly turning my head, I looked over to see my bedroom door wide open. 

My mouth came ajar as I pondered... Uhhh... I don't remember leaving the door open... In fact, I don't even remember going to sleep? Wait a minute, what was the last thing I could actually recall?

I lowered my head darting my eyes from the door to my feet in thought. Ok so firstly, stage five of IMPRESS took place in which Preston was considered a special guest even after those imbecile guards had idiotically treated him as a prisoner, we watched the stage then went out to a miraculous meadow that was beautifully dressed, located near a lake, and from there, I'm pretty sure Zac showed up fashionably late before drunkly speaking a few nice words about each of the IMPRESS girls... 

If my memory doesn't deceive me Prince Zachary failed to describe my cousin Ella with any other word except for selfish, and therefore chose to get rid of her? Yes, that's right! Ella died. I remember getting upset and dismissing myself from the bonfire after I saw Aunt Roslin, Marcus and most importantly, Todd tearing up.

I recall seeing my reflection in the lake for no more than five minutes before my head was suddenly plunged into the water... I recall drowning...

Reaching for my neck to hold it in the warmth of my hands, my breath hitched in my throat. I remember trying to scream and gasp for air, crying when I failed to do so. I pulled my hands down and looked at them with a frown. I felt so much rage bubbling up inside of me, resent that I don't think I had felt before, wondering who so desperately wanted me dead.

I remember the neglect and nausea I felt when my wet eyes met my wicked Aunt Roslins.

Her cruel words cut deep and tore at my heartstrings as she'd intended, and as if she got a thrill from my tears and my never-ending fear of exposal, her continuous snarky comments and condescending sneers ultimately pushed me to my breaking point.