Chapter Eight: Bloody Nightmare

IMPRESS.

Warning: this chapter may make you want to throw your phone.

Chapter Eight: Bloody Nightmare

---

The prince spun me out of his touch and left me spinning, somehow, into the arms of Derek. I breathed out in relief and was balanced back onto my feet. "I thought I told you not to move."

Unlike Alexander and Prince Zac who had both of their hands at my sides, Derek had only one hand on my waist and had the other intertwined with my right hand, leaving my left hand to plant on his shoulder. "Well, I was about to and then a vampire named Alexander persuaded me into dancing with him and then before I knew it, I landed into that sick bastar-"

Derek cupped his hand over mouth and shushed me, "watch what you say, the room is full of vampires with perfect hearing."

I nod quickly and he removes his hand, "thank you, but I honestly don't care if everyone hears that I seriously don't like him!" I purposely said loudly, glaring at the prince over Derek's shoulder.

The idiot's eyes turn a dark red in order to scare me, but I just continue glaring at his annoyingly attractive face, "the prince will make you pay for that, even if you are Alaric's sister, he only promised to keep you from being killed, he never promised that he wouldn't hurt you." Derek notified.

I suddenly felt like taping my mouth shut and saw the prince smirk as he danced with a beautiful blonde over Derek's shoulder. He was definitely smirking at what he heard Derek say.

The way he looked satisfied at my sudden quietness made me angry.

And whenever I got angry, I said stupid things that I always regretted later on, "well if he does try to hurt me, I'll just kick him where the sun don't ever shine."

"It's not that easy but I admire your confidence," Derek amusedly said as the sound of the violins began to die down.

"I'll take that as an another compliment from you," I smiled at Derek, ignoring the nasty glare I was now receiving from the blonde that Prince Zachary was dancing with.

"By the way, did you find my brother? Or my ladies on that note?"

Joining a crowd of people stood at the side, Derek answered me, "yeah, but unfortunately, your brother, the princess, queen and king cannot attend the celebration. They are sorting out the stages for the IMPRESS event which begins this Friday."

I scrunched my face up at the mention of the deadly event.

"And I sent your servants to bed, it was too risky for them to be in here and that reminds me, it is actually time for you to leave," Derek said, making me frown instantly.

"What? We just got here, why do I have to leave?" I asked whiningly and Derek laughed at how perplexed I was, making me playfully smack him on the arm.

Derek put his hands up in surrender and I shook my head at him in amusement, "your curfew is apparently 8 your brother says, plus, this castle is about to turn into a blood fest in exactly five minutes so when that happens you have to be hidden away in your room."

As Derek spoke he motioned for me to follow him, which I did. "What blood fest?"

"A royal vampire celebration isn't a celebration without at least over a dozen humans being drank from and well, killed." Derek simply stated and I pursed my lips as my eyes widened.

"Where are they going to get the humans fr- oh, the dungeons," I answered my own question after spacing out for a while.

I turned around before we had fully exited the ballroom and my eyes landed on a pair of devilish, royal dark eyes for the shortest while until I remembered that he hated eye contact with humans.