Chapter Fourteen: A Purifying Fire.

IMPRESS.

Chapter Fourteen: A Purifying Fire.

Listen to 'Set Fire To The Rain' by Adele if you'd like.

---

Cathryn's P.O.V~

We watched as all the six girls fought to survive the first stage of the event in the centre of the open-roof venue.

Every single person from the five regions who had an invitation to watch the IMPRESS event, every single noble and myself, the queen, the king and of course my brother, the prince had gathered in the circular, stone-built outside venue to watch the world the black witch had created unfold in front of our eyes.

As the royals, we had the best seats in the house. We had our own section in the circular theatrical structured arena, sat top centre. My father the King sat in the biggest stone chair beside my mother the queen who sat in a smaller stone seat than the King.

The black witch stood humbly behind the King's chair as if she was one of the many guards surrounding us in order to protect.

I sat a level down from the king and queen on the right at my mother's side. My brother the prince sat on the left side almost underneath the king and on the same level as me.

It blew my mind how the black witch could transform the fighting pit in the middle of the circular venue into a world.

There was an invisible shield that covered this magical world the witch had created to stop anyone from entering or exiting the game until the stage was completed.

The six girls who were competing had no idea that they were all in one world or being watched as each of them were too preoccupied with defeating and trying to beat the obstacles being thrown their way.

My eyes never left Alaric's sister, Natalya for most of it.

I glanced up at Alaric who stood beside my brother watching his sister intently and in anticipation.

I faintly smiled at how his eyes lit up when his sister bit herself out of a neck hold by a blood-thirsty vampire.

I laughed out loud at his sister's human tactics and so did the rest of the population in the venue.

My father, the king, laughed the loudest in which the queen rolled her eyes.

I even saw my brother lean forward and smile in amusement as he watched Alaric's sister fight the vampire and cuss whenever she got annoyed.

Natalya was defeating her obstacles in strange ways. It was like she was ready for whatever came her way. Like when a black hound nearly tore her to shreds, she somehow brought it into a trance and stopped it from attacking her asif she spoke to it.

In the girls' mentors section near us my half-brother, Natalya's mentor, Alexander Cortez and Natalya's other mentor Evelyn Persian were almost falling from the edges of their seats, clearly terrified every time Natalya hesitated.

However, most of the time the two were both cheering very loudly, especially when the other girls failed to overcome an obstacle.

We could hear the girls in the competition's screams, conversations and shouting.

Most of the above came from the other two humans. Meredith Dyer and Grace Fraser.

From observation, my brother was definitely impressed by the vampire girl Cassandra Pierce who had made it out first from the world, he couldn't keep his eyes off of her most of the time.

I really wanted to kick my brother and tell him to look at Natalya, I am pretty sure Alaric wanted to too.

Natalya was my only girl-friend, the only human girl I have ever liked and I felt the need to protect her.