Chapter Forty-One: Is That You, Harrison?

IMPRESS.

Chapter Forty-One: Is That You, Harrison?

[This chapter is shorter than the previous, only because I am going to try either uploading the next chapter mid-week or uploading two chapters next Friday!! + sorry for any errors if any]

--

.

.

My grin grew wider, "Harrison!" I run towards him, my arms open to easily attack him with a loving hug... "I can't believe you are still here, in the castle."

I could feel the harsh gaze of Zac's angered, narrowed eyes burning into the back of my head as I embraced my best friend.

Harrison held me for a long time, his head buried in my neck as he exhaled in relief, "I can't believe you woke up!" He released my frame for the shortest while to inspect my face before hugging me again.

I giggled, "I can't believe you didn't leave and ride back to Icilia-"

My best friend furiously shook his head, "dead or alive I would never leave your body with a deranged fuck," Harrison cupped my cheeks as his irritated eyes wandered over my shoulder at Zac and then softened once back on me.

Oh, wow. The tension is growing.

"I let him stay- and I hope he knows if he crosses me at all, he'll never see you again," Zac lowly warned and I rolled my eyes, I'm so done with his shit.

Harrison blinked at me, patting my arms up and down to make sure he wasn't hallucinating me, "how did you- When did you- I thought you were- "

"-Dead?" I finished for him, "yes, well, I thought so too. But, I guess the God of life favours me."

"You've always been a survivor, my survivor. I had a feeling you wouldn't let death steal you away just yet," my best friend's lips touched my forehead and left the skin feeling warm and tender.

Smiling genuinely, I pleaded, "stay with me, for a little longer."

Zac strode over and swooped in through the small space between myself and Harrison, separating us from each other. What's he doing?

"Why don't you stay for the Regional Masquerade Ball? Enjoy yourself, relax, any friend of Natalya's is a friend of my own," Zac suspiciously said in a strangely friendly manner.

I can't help but doubt Zac and think that he has a mastermind plot to eliminate my best friend by the way his mood switches and speech flows out politely.

The masquerade ball was for me to apparently try to get Preston who baring in mind had already chosen to side with the witches because of me also, to side with the vampires. So right now I was playing double agent.

"I don't see why not, but let me get this right with you, we most certainly aren't pals," Harrison corrected with a serious and stoic expression.

Zac hummed in amusement, "you are whatever I call you. Bow your head and formally address me," he demanded with deadpan eyes.

"I'd rather rot in hell," Harrison sneered as the words rolled off his tongue and the presence of his hand planting on my lower back pacified me.

Zac noticed the small action and I witnessed his eyes flash with fury, "I see why you two get along so well, very stubborn individuals, aren't you?"

"No, not as stubborn as you," I fakely chortled, "you are the most difficult person to reason with."

"Wait until you meet Preston," Zac muttered brushing through me and Harrison and breaking us apart once again, "then you'll see that I'm not the worst of the worst."